Marmadukes Town House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$101
Hotels.com
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$156
Agoda.com
US$172
US$145
1,680 results
All reviewsloft suiteroll top bathyork suitefour posterpark restaurantantique furniturefree standing bathlovely hoteldouble showercity centreminute walkbreakfast was excellentmain buildingposter bedfull englishone night staybeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Just returned from 2 nights stay at Marmadukes and overall it was a very pleasant stay. Marmadukes is situated in a good location not too far from the city, breakfast was superb, staff were friendly and room was beautiful. Only a few niggles, although the room was very nice it was a little on the small side, the bed felt as if it was on its last legs every time you moved it creaked quite loudly, although we were extremely happy we had a bath we suggest some form of shower curtain as its pretty impossible to not drench the entire bathroom when having a wash and lastly the tv would not change from bbc1 no matter how we followed the instructions on how to work the tv carefully we were stuck with bbc1 and also the tv was a little obstructed by the dvd cabinet. Very much recommend Marmadukes and we would definitely return.

1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel and I had such a wonderful time I wanted to share my experience with others contemplating booking with this hotel.
I found the hotel after spying a picture of the grand and beautiful fourposter room and thought I had to go there!. I found a few mixed reviews of the place but I am the kind of person that would rather experience a place for myself than to be put of by the words of others and I am very glad I did.

I arrived in York from the train station and using the GPS on my phone (would have also been easy enough to locate on a map of the city too) was able to find the hotel easily which was as it says on the hotel website 15mins away from the center of the town.
we arrived and the staff at reception were friendly and happy to help, we were showed to our room (which to my delight the exact fourposter bedroom in the picture!)

we had a small problem with the door of our room but as we were trying to see what the problem was the manager appeared and was instantly on the case and we had the problem solved in next to no time.

Breakfast was beautiful and the staff in the morning were just as friendly and helpful as the night before.
In all the hotel was beautiful and so full of character, it's just out of the town and the staff are lovely and I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know and all of you on here.

Room Tip: the fourposter bedroom we stayed in was beautiful
3  Thank Steph M
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed in a single room, the room was very small but had everything i needed and decorated to an extremely high standard,lovely bedding, luxurious toiletries and also spotlessly clean.

The staff are lovely, very helpful and friendly, nothing is too much trouble.

Interior including bar, breakfast room and lounge are absolutely stunning, pure understated elegance, with a few quirks thrown in.

The breakfast was lovely, fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, croissants alongside a full english (vegetarian option available too).

Great location, 10 mins walk from train station and very easy to find.

Really cannot fault this hotel, i will definitely be staying again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I was treated to a night away by my girlfriend who had planned the trip. I always know I'm in good hands when she plans a trip and the hotel only confirmed that. It's a beautiful building a short walk from York and brilliantly staffed.

Upon arriving, the concierge Josie (I'm so sorry if I've gotten that wrong) asked if we were here for an occasion. We told her it was my birthday and within a split second she had upgraded our room.

The room itself was immaculate with a four-post bed so comfortable you could drown in it.

The breakfast was generous and well cooked and the waitress for the day was very attentive. Was delighted to find the black pudding on the menu, that coupled with bacon and a perfectly poached egg, bliss.

Had a lovely stay there and would recommend it. I think I'll book my parents a night there for their anniversary.

2  Thank Ross H
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed here with my partner in February and despite the heavy snow, we had a lovely time! The staff were lovely and we were even upgraded. The hotel room is a very nice size with a tv, kettle and tea and coffee. The bathroom is large with a victorian style bath. There is a nice sized lounge next to the reception and a breakfast lounge. The breakfast was fantastic with a choice of cereals, toast, jams, and cooked breakfast. The waitress was great and we were really impressed with the service.
The hotel is a short walk from the Minister area. We managed to walk there in the snow and ice, so on a normal day, it would not be too far from all the shops and sights. I would stay again in this hotel.