“Warm, friendly, 5 STARS!!”

and 1 more site!
Burswood Guest House
Ranked #55 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here for our 1st anniversary and the room we stayed in was the honeymoon suite, it was just lovely we didn't need to bring much as they provided everything, the couple were really friendly and very easy to talk to. Would defiantly visit again

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just on the outskirts of York close to Racecourse. A lovely 20 minute walk or a short bus ride into the City Centre. I think its nice to get out of the City Centre and this place is so relaxing yet still close. Easy to find and good parking.
The rooms are very well appointed with everything you'll ever need. Some nice touches too, fresh milk in the fridge!
George and Maureen are so frienly and make you feel very welcome, I felt nothing was too much trouble. Great breakfast and for a small place the choice and variety was fantastic. Would definitely stay again and wouldn't bother looking anywhere else in York.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My partner and I stayed for the weekend. The room was super. George had to upgrade us to the honeymoon suite at no extra charge!Fresh milk in the mini fridge, chocolates on the pillows!
Good parking. And just a few yards from the bus stop, buses every 15 mins into York Centre.
We sleep well and found it fine, but a light sleeper might find this room noisy, as the traffic never seemed to stop.
Breakfast was absolutely super. Help yourself buffet with fresh fruit and George happily cooked a large range of hot dishes, including omelettes!

1  Thank sarahflattie
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Wonderful guest house in a great location close to the centre and York race course. Room was well appointed and to a very good standard. Breakfast was fabulous and made to feel very welcome by George and Maureen.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Lavender room which was very well appointed and perfect for our needs.
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

What an enchanting place. The owners are incredibly welcoming and helpful and breakfast is home cooked, plentiful and delicious. The pub basically next door does great food. Book a table if
You want to sit in the dining room for dinner.
The only thing I would say is to note when booking burswood that if you're easily woken by morning light, request a downstairs room in the summer as the loft rooms upstairs have large windows Without blackout blinds (that we could see) and the sun gets up very early in the York summer period. Overall a fabulous choice, a better option than the holiday inn across the road I presume.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Angela K
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Burswood for three days 12th - 15th June 2014. On arrival we where greeted with a very welcoming man called George the owner. He introduced us to his wife Moureen then showed us around explaining the general running of things. He showed us to our room which was the Primrose room and explained how everything worked. The room was absolutely spotless with a touch of class and modern refinements everywhere, even the tea, coffee and chocolate was of great quality brands, we could not fault it at all. On going in for breakfast we where shown the routine of things. There was a fantastic choice of starters with as much tea/coffee/ and plenty of various fruit juices, cereals, fresh fruit and yogurt. George then came to ask if we would like a cooked breakfast. I will not go into what was on the menu but I can assure you that no one will be disappointed. Every day the breakfast was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. We only asked for one egg but you could have two if you so wished. I feel sure those with a great appetite will be pleased. Its a credit to George just how good the food is in every way. We both enjoyed our stay and found George and Maureen to be really nice genuine people and we would most definitely recommend the Burswood to anyone. Thank you. Terry and Joan. xx

Room Tip: I advise people to talk to George regarding what type of room they require and he will try his best...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I went to York for the Races and spent 2 nights at the Burswood Guest House in the Honeymoon Suite. I travel all over the world with my job and stay in lovely hotels. We chose this Guest house for its great reviews and proximity to the Racecourse. I have got to say, this is the best Guest House I have stayed in.

George and Maureen's Attention to detail will give you the quality you expect from a top hotel. Book it, you won't be disappointed!