Alcuin Lodge
US$147
  • Breakfast included
US$140
US$113
Best Western York Pavilion Hotel(Fulford)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$137
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$156
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$100
US$216
US$180
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$112
Hotel Noir(Clifton)
US$129
US$124
Travelocity
All reviewsb bhost darrencity centrebaked treatsmuseum gardensstayed in the twin roomquiet cul de sacquiet locationrestaurant recommendationstrain stationwonderful guesthouseshort walkhome made cakesbed and breakfasthome away from homefree parkingwe loved our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this bed and breakfast. My room provided all that I needed. Not only was it clean and cozy, it also had great character with all the furnishings. I also had a private bathroom, which was nicely renovated. The host Darren was great; he was very attentive and took great pride in his home. He even went the distance and placed my wet clothes on the line! Talk about consideration! Thanks again, you're a life saver! Breakfast was superb as well as the location, which was within walking distance to the city and the train station. Also, the recommendations he provided were on the dot, such as the restaurant Luccia's and York's Cocoa's house. Must be put on the to do list! Thank you so much for providing a great B&B with great service and hospitality, and I highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Alcuin_Lodge_York, Owner at Alcuin Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for such kind feedback. It's always lovely to know that our guests have enjoyed their time at Alcuin Lodge and felt well cared for and also that we've been able to assist with suggestions to make the most of a visit to York.
I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know that everything was as you would have wanted it to be. I hope we'll see you next time you visit our great city.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights at the Alcuin Lodge and both give it perfect marks! The location is ideal for touring York as you can park your car (permit provided for street parking) and then walk to the sights of York. The house is well maintained and extremely clean. Darren, our host, has an eye for detail of what guests may want or need. The room was spotlessly clean, light filled and comfortable. Great beds with crisp linens and great pillows added to our great sleeps while there. Breakfast orders are placed the night before to ensure being cooked on the spot. Good choice and good quality. Darren's suggestions for dining out we're spot on. All in all a perfect stay in an amazing city. Recommend highly the Alcuin Lodge. Thanks to Darren for all your help and great hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2014
Alcuin_Lodge_York, Owner at Alcuin Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. I'm really happy to know that Alcuin Lodge provided everything you needed for your visit to York and met your expectations for cleanliness, comfort and location. I'm glad to know that I was able to help with suggestions for places to visit, eat and drink so you could make the most of your time in the city.

Thank you for coming to stay and I hope the rest of your trip was a success.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and it was absolutely perfect. Darren is so genuine and nice. The room was very very clean, the bathroom was spotless, the linens were fresh, crisp and clean. Breakfast served was just superb. All in all we had a wonderful experience and would definitely come back. So glad we booked this place!!! :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alcuin_Lodge_York, Owner at Alcuin Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Kara, it was lovely to have you all to stay and thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm so pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit to York and your stay at Alcuin Lodge. I do appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Perfect accommodation, clean and fresh. Darren really made an effort and gave us some excellent tips for our visit to York. Breakfast great and personally cooked by Darren. Little touches that make the difference.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda K
Alcuin_Lodge_York, Owner at Alcuin Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let me know you enjoyed your stay at Alcuin Lodge and that everything was "perfect" for you. It's lovely to be appreciated and even better to know you had such a great visit. I hope you'll be back to see us again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Two nights at AL were highlighted by Darren's welcome and orientation to York. When we made the reservation, he emailed to let us know that since it was 'a 'race weekend', many restaurants would be full and offered to make reservations for us. He sent info on 7, and made the contact at the two we choose. No one has ever done that at any other property.

Food was good and to order. Room small, but adequate. Parking and location both were convenient. Good value. Met expectations. Met nice guests at breakfast. But Darren makes the place.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beachdeac
Alcuin_Lodge_York, Owner at Alcuin Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback about the way you were looked after while at Alcuin Lodge (and in advance of your stay). We do our best to ensure our guests feel at home and are able to make the most of their time in our wonderful city. I'm happy that we met your expectations and provided good value for you.
I hope that your trip overall has been a memorable one and that you'll drop in to York next time you're in the UK.