“I felt like I was staying with friends” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bootham Park Hotel

Bootham Park Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Bootham Park Hotel
Ranked #161 of 205 York B&B and Inns
Franklin, TN
“I felt like I was staying with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

I stayed here for two nights and it was the first time I'd ever even been to a bed and breakfast. Sandy was wonderful! I felt extremely comfortable in my room, number 4. It was perfect for me with everything I needed. I loved the view and could hear the York Minster bells chime from my window. It was beautiful. I slept as good there as I do at home. I felt very welcome and Sandy helped me with everything I needed. The night before I left I was lucky enough to meet her husband Phillip and their lovely dog Rosie. I wasn't able to stay for breakfast my last morning but to my surprise Sandy had packed me a sack lunch for my train ride to Edinburgh.
It's a great location, great price and great people. :) I'd stay there again with no hesitation!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank StephanieGreene

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lavallette, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

I brought some friends from the USA to stay in York at the Bootham Park Hotel. 'Quintessentially English' was their exclamation as they entered the beautiful hotel within walking distance to all the major sites of YORK. Their stay at the hotel was enhanced by the kindness and helpfulness of the staff, in particularly, the owner / host. She went out of her way to ensure the American visitors understood the different vocabulary of UK/American, which could have caused a great deal of confusion, as well as helping them organize their sightseeing day after serving them her most delicious home- cooked 'Full English' breakfast. I am most indebted to Sandy and her staff for making this trip a wonderful and memorable experience to take back with them to the USA!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JerseyGirl2020
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

It's ideally situated- just a short walk from The Minster and the very centre of York which is notoriously bad for parking. I had a lovely big room which was spotlessly clean,warm and cosy and well provisioned for any night starvation!
Mrs Steeples, the owner, recommended a good restaurant witha lively evening buzz but suitable for a woman on her own and off I went.
After a good night's sleep- quite a rarity for me in a strange bed- I woke next morning to the sounds of the Minster bells floating over the playing fields of Bootham School. Lovely.
Breakfast was a delight- a very well cooked, full Yorkshire breakfast served in a pleasant dining room by friendly efficient staff. The black pudding and free range eggs are highly recommended. Yum!
I shall certainly stay at Bootham Park again when I next visit York. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lizdav
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

Only stayed one night but were comfortable and well looked after. Room well appointed with generous towels, bedding etc. Only 5 minutes to York made it an ideal location. Good cooked breakfast. Would certainly return.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Batley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

A very friendly hotel in excellent location, with superb breakfasts. Comfort and cleanliness first class.

• Stayed October 2010
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

Bootham Park Hotel is everything you could want from a traditional B&B in the charming city of York... it's well-located, the rooms are well equipped & comfortable, the breakfasts are plentiful & delicious, and you are given the warmest welcome you could wish for by the owner - it was absolutely perfect. I would definitely recommend it as a place to stay for a short break - or even longer!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Sutton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel in January of this year (2011) and had a wonderful relaxing weekend. The rooms were spacious and the location was ideal for walking into York town centre (a mere 5 minutes from the minster). The staff and owner were very polite and friendly and breakfast was the best I've had at a B&B. Great place to stay for a weekend in York... or even longer!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple