“Wonderful Atmosphere and great food”
Review of Cafe Concerto

Cafe Concerto
Ranked #77 of 955 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Independent Coffee House & Kitchen serving Brunch, Lunch, Afternoon tea & Bistro-style candle lit dinner. Rustic music themed atmosphere with manuscripts lining the walls & friendly professional team. Fresh, fabulous, simple but delicious food all cooked on the premises. Opposite York Minster - next to the Dean court hotel. Open from 11am weekdays & 10am weekends. DInner served Tuesday to Sat nights.
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I visited Cafe Concerto this last week with a friend. We knew nothing about the restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised and I have to add, delighted, with the food, service and ambience. The decor of music sheets on the wall is fabulous. Our waiter was efficient, polite, attentive and very helpful. We had 3 courses plus wine. Our food was delicious, be prepared to wait a short while between courses as it is prepared for you individually. The flavours were very good indeed. Choice on wine list was fine with something for everyone and prices not too bad at all. Overall, we had a wonderfully relaxed evening and would go back to this restaurant again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed 30 May 2009

This is a really great cafe, with a music theme to the decor and a nice friendly atmosphere. There is a varied lunch menu, reasonable veggie choice (bagels, soup, sandwiches) and really great home made cakes. The staff happily coped with a group of us all arriving and leaving at different time and were really helpful about changing dishes to suit.

This is a really popular spot in a central location close to the Minster, and there was a queue when we left. You can reserve tables for the evening but not at lunchtime.

Also see wheeliebuns.wordpress.com.

Reviewed 15 May 2009

Concertos is my favourite cafe in York. Firstly the location is great - right next to the Minster, so easy to find and convenient for everywhere in the city centre.

The food is excellent - you can go for the cafe menu in the day or the bistro menu in the evening, and both provide ample choice and plenty of options for vegetarians and people with food intolerances. There is also a range of homemade puddings and cakes, fresh everyday, which are superb and terribly moreish!

The service is excellent - always friendly and helpful, nothing is ever too much trouble.

Top marks!

Reviewed 30 April 2009

I wish I had found this restaurant earlier on my many visits to York.
I can only describe the whole experience as delightful.
The staff were obviously there to be as helpful as possible,and they were.
I have a dietary problem,Coeliac disease, and I have found that there are not too many restaurants who can (or will )make an extra effort to arrange for ( or have ) suitable food,and this has often spoiled meal-times.
Cafe Concert had the most extensive list of gluten-free food as standard fare that I have ever come across in my years of eating out.
The staff knowledge was excellent, and my few queries were dealt with promptly and cheerfully.
The whole experience was delighful and was "the icing on the cake" which was also delicious)after a most enjoyable stay in York.

Reviewed 2 March 2009

Stopped in for lunch two days during our visit to York. I really enjoyed the decor! The food was just what we were looking for - not too fancy but definitely good. Staff were friendly and helpful. If you are looking for fancy - this is not your place. If you're looking for a place with good food, good character - this is it!