“Meals at Lakeside Kitchen”

Mrs B's Lakeside Kitchen
Ranked #350 of 1,020 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Description: Freshly prepared and homemade food served from Breakfast to Supper and everything inbetween
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We only had a one night stop over at the caravan site but loved the supper meal and the breakfast meal at the Lakeside Kitchen. The staff are so nice and nothing is too much trouble. We had takeaway on the night of our stay and then a small breakfast, sitting outside with our little dog, the following morning.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived with no problems. Went to Mrs B’s for a late lunch and the food was fantastic. All was home made and my son said his chicken nuggets was the best he has ever had! The touring area is small but really peaceful, fully serviced pitches. We will be back without a doubt. We were only worried about the road through the small village. It is a little tight but we managed.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Very attentive service with good quality produce over the Christmas and New Year period coupled with family entertainment.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I popped in here for lunch a few weeks ago with my daughter after finding the restaurant on a google search and liking the sound of a 'lakeside' lunch. Well for starters, the term 'lakeside' is slightly misleading as whilst there is indeed a lake in the vicinity, the orientation of the restaurant means there's no view of the lake when sat inside.. which was disappointing.

The décor had a few nice homely touches, but overall was quite tired looking... and along with the sound of a local radio station babbling away at too-high-a-volume in the background the atmosphere wasn't great.

I ordered a soup which was perfectly nice, and the calamari... which were freezer-to-fryer type cheapy calamari and not particularly enjoyable. I cannot fault the service though, with perfectly friendly staff and food arriving quickly after ordering.

For me, Mrs B's didn't really offer enough for me to go out of my way for a revisit, though I may call in for a coffee & cake if passing. On that note, I didn't sample the cakes on my visit, but they were huge slices at very reasonable prices!!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We’ve just spent two weekends at Cawood Park, we ate in Mrs B’s Kitchen on both occasions, the gammon is gorgeous, I’m sure the rest of the menu is just as good but I stuck with the gammon.

Date of visit: October 2017