“Last minute decision for girly tea”
Review of Bari Ristorante

Bari Ristorante
Ranked #316 of 935 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Decided to have tea with a small group for friends last minute one Friday . We were at the pub The hop down doss gate and fancied eating somewhere close but nice and relax where we could catch and catch up with each other.

Set off walking towards the shambles and that was when we decided to choose Bari. Looked very cosy and warm and not too busy.

We were warmly greeted and seated straight away.

Lovely service, left to enjoy our Evening not rushed and the meals ( all pizzas) were yummy.

Thank you.

2  Thank YorkWoody

Reviewed 14 March 2014

What a wonderful Italian restaurant! We went here on a recommendation of a friend, and I'm glad I took her advice! The décor was lovely, with checked red and white tablecloths and red wooden chairs. The staff were great, especially as we were quite a loud group! The food was absolutely delicious! There were four of us in our party, three had pizza and I had the special spaghetti, which was lovely and filling, and very reasonably priced! We also had the house wine (which you can buy by the litre, lovely!) which was delicious. I'm certainly going to recommend this place to my friends!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were the first people in on a rainy Sunday night but didn't feel uncomfortable. Excellent fast service. We both had anti pasta misto which is always a favourite. I had pizza - really good and he had lasagne. Both good. Couldn't manage a pudding but had liqueur coffees. Will be back.

1  Thank Chimpster65
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was here yesterday, what a superb find, friendly service, important to me as a single female diner, very good food and atmosphere. I would certainly recommend this independent restaurant to anyone visiting York for a day out. Thanks to all the friendly staff and the chef for such superb pasta.

1  Thank Ursula J
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

After dropping into a few restaurants 'off the beaten path' and not finding anything suitable, my boyfriend and I walked past this cosy little restaurant on the Shambles and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed!

The waiters were warm & welcoming, as was the restaurant itself. Just the right amount of back ground noise from both the well chosen music & the conversations of fellow dinners made the place feel homely and comforting. A nice change from the bars, blaring music and the brightly lit places we passed earlier.

The menu was extensive & reasonably priced. I was also really happy to see a bottle of Spumante listed as it's one of my favourite sparkling wines. We both enjoyed our starter, and my BF is still raving about his main - Fughi Con Pollo. Mine was good too, but a bit hot temperature wise to start but great once it cooled.
Our puddings were epic & the dessert wine was sweet but not too heavy. Not being into loud clubs, we like to linger over dinner & not once did we feel rushed to leave.

I can't recommend The Bari enough. A real independent gem smack dab in the middle of a beaten path. We will definitely return :)

2  Thank Claire G