“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This restaurant was indeed one of my favourites over the years,fantastic pizzas etc,buzzing and lively atmosphere that made you feel you could have indulged in food all night. I visited Bari last week and felt so disappointed, staff looked tired and fed up,food average and the premises looked the same as 30 years ago without a paint job. How sad!

1  Thank Emily_28_8_86
There are newer reviews for The Bari

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Decided to have tea with a small group for friends last minute one Friday . We were at the pub The hop down doss gate and fancied eating somewhere close but nice and relax where we could catch and catch up with each other.

Set off walking towards the shambles and that was when we decided to choose Bari. Looked very cosy and warm and not too busy.

We were warmly greeted and seated straight away.

Lovely service, left to enjoy our Evening not rushed and the meals ( all pizzas) were yummy.

Thank you.

2  Thank YorkWoody
Reviewed 14 March 2014

What a wonderful Italian restaurant! We went here on a recommendation of a friend, and I'm glad I took her advice! The décor was lovely, with checked red and white tablecloths and red wooden chairs. The staff were great, especially as we were quite a loud group! The food was absolutely delicious! There were four of us in our party, three had pizza and I had the special spaghetti, which was lovely and filling, and very reasonably priced! We also had the house wine (which you can buy by the litre, lovely!) which was delicious. I'm certainly going to recommend this place to my friends!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were the first people in on a rainy Sunday night but didn't feel uncomfortable. Excellent fast service. We both had anti pasta misto which is always a favourite. I had pizza - really good and he had lasagne. Both good. Couldn't manage a pudding but had liqueur coffees. Will be back.

1  Thank Chimpster65
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was here yesterday, what a superb find, friendly service, important to me as a single female diner, very good food and atmosphere. I would certainly recommend this independent restaurant to anyone visiting York for a day out. Thanks to all the friendly staff and the chef for such superb pasta.

1  Thank Ursula J