“Bari in the Shambles”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Cool atmosphere in the Shambles. Lunch was good but not great. The restaurant staff were courteous but not overly friendly. Glad I stopped in but won't be on my list for my next visit to England.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My partner and I made a reservation here for Valentine's Day and had a wonderful evening, the waiters were polite and attentive and the food was delicious. There was a lovely and romantic atmosphere on the nicest street in York. I will definitely go back!

1  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went for a meal here with some friends and got the early bird special as we arrived before 7pm. This meant we got our Pizzas for £6 each which was great value and they tasted delicious. We all had ice-cream desserts which were very well presented. The staff were welcoming and even gave us some drinks on the house. Overall a enjoyable meal and great value for such a prime location.

1  Thank magic-debz
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have visited York on several occasions and have never come across this place before. We did not book and being located on the Shambles I thought it would be expensive. Table for 6 right at the back of the restaurant where we could watch pizzas being made. We ordered 2 Garlic breads with cheese and tomato to start which were served very quickly and tasted divine. I then opted for the Carbonara whilst the other members of my party all had pizzas. From start to finish the meal was delicious and couldn't fault anything. Cant wait to return to York to eat here again.

1  Thank j82anderson
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Sad doughy pizza and frozen fish. You would expect better from this long established restaurant but it disappoints. In a city with such fierce competition from excellent restaurants how do they survive? Anyway look further, choose somewhere else and you won't make the same mistake we did.

1  Thank talkingpics