“A little piece of Italy”
Review of The Bari

The Bari
Ranked #351 of 875 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
“A little piece of Italy”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

After a long day and some exploring in York we stumbled upon this little italian - there was a group of us and the staff were more than happy to accomodate our needs.
We really felt like we had were in Italy; lovely atmosphere, delightful music and the staff were friendly with a great sense of humour! A mixture of Pasta & Pizza's ordered, my food was so tasty.
Thank you for a lovely meal.

1 Thank pjw85

York, United Kingdom
“Food poisoning”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Do not eat here, I had a pizza with chicken on, the minute I tried it I thought the chicken tasted dodgy, so had a couple of mouthfuls. Within minutes I was hot and sweaty and consequently Ill for a day or so. It must have been really off to make me ill that quickly, I should have reported them to the environmental health

2 Thank EmmaRuth12
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited here after he said he had previously visited and had a lovely meal. I ordered a very bland cannelloni, which was okay but nothing to write home about. He had a seafood pizza which, he said was like rubber and he didn't eat most of it. In the fellas defence he didn't charge us for it and I did feel bad, but it really wasn't worth the money at all. We should have taken note from a couple leaving most of their food as we walked in really!
What a shame, sounds like it was once a lovely place! I'd be interested in going back if they sorted their selves out!
Thanks anyway!

1 Thank Elisha G
Europe
“Nice location, reasonable prices”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A nice location, we popped in at the very start of dinner opening hours (We were the first people in!) and had our pick of tables and were quickly served. We went for pizzas - mine was quite burnt on one half though my partners was delicious. Prices were very good for the authentic style pizzas and we followed these up with hot chocolates, which were nice (served with a biscuit too). A nice romantic evening vibe mostly, though the waiter/cash register area did detract from that slightly as it was by our table and we could hear waiters talking.

• Visited June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Pizza and Pasta!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Six of us descended on Ristoranti Bari for their early diner special 6pm-7pm any pizza or pasta £5.95, All freshly cooked in an open view kitchen.....Authentic Italian food.....Service quick and efficient even though they were very busy (always a good sign) some of our party had desserts and we all had drinks and only spent £70 plus pounds......Well worth a visit if only for the early special!!

• Visited July 2014