“Sack the court chef”

Price range: US$20 - US$54
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sitting opposite York Minster, one of the country's most recognisable landmarks, DCH is probably one of the most well regarded restaurants in the historic city of York. Hidden away within the Best Western Dean Court York hotel, with its many high end facilities, DCH maximises its stunning views with large ceiling height windows dressed with modern luxury blinds. The classic-contemporary design of the DCH dining room is pretty special itself, with digitally printed wallpapers, sleekly deco-inspired lighting and modern furnishings. Renowned for its superb food, the restaurant has earned itself an AA Rosette for several years. Modern British dishes make the best possible creative use of local ingredients from Yorkshire and the UK countryside, including Yorkshire blue cheese and fish from Whitby and Grimsby. Ideal for post sight-seeing meals, business lunches and romantic dinners, DCH is a beautiful setting at which to enjoy beautiful food and seriously good wines.
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Brought my partner here for lunch and ate in the court, she ordered a panini which came out burnt and lacking in filling and I ordered the court burger which was small and flavourless and not what was described on the menu, the chips where undercooked and in seasoned and the salad leaf is blatantly not being washed as it was gritty, Jamie pulford take a look upstairs and sort this out

3  Thank David L
There are newer reviews for DCH Restaurant

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at the Dean Court hotel for 2 nights and enjoyed two lovely breakfasts in their D.C.H. restaurant. A pretty continental buffet was laid out and there was super-fast delivery of our cooked breakfast! Service was superb! There were a couple servers at breakfast who we thought should be training others in the industry as they really knew their stuff!

The staff memorised our names and used them throughout our meal and remembered the next morning as well! Quite a talent considering the hundreds of people who pass through the hotel’s restaurant for meals every week!

It’s great that they offer local favourites on their menu including one we had not seen before called Kedgeree – originally a dish from India consisting of cooked rice with flaked Smoked Haddock served with two hard boiled eggs flavoured with a hint of curry.

We loved the daily morning weather forecast printed and placed on the table for us, which also included a little tidbit of information to expand our minds called ‘Well, I never knew that!’.

Even if you’re not staying at the Best Western Dean Court hotel, it is worth it to have breakfast there to experience the restaurant’s ambience, local dishes, courteous staff and great service! And...ask for a window table so you have a pretty view!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Arranged a lunch here for a surprise for my mum as it was her 60th. Cannot fault this place. The staff were so helpful - going that extra mile all the time - even especially making our desserts to look like mickey mouse so I could surprise my mum with a trip to florida!

The food was out of this world, and the ploughmans is by far the best I have ever had! The staff are so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them when dealing with my booking and requests on the phone, right through to us leaving the table after the meal.

Cannot praise this hotel and its restaurant/bistro enough.

Very high standard of food and service all at a reasonable price.

Book and eat here - definitely definitely definitely !!!!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I ate here whilst we were staying in the hotel. The food was good, but not excellent as the prices suggest it should be. The service was mediocre at best (the waitress dropped a bread bun on the table, mixed our bottled water with tap water, forgot the cutlery with the main course), and they ran out of one of the cheeses on the cheese board. Nice location, with nice views of the minster. OK, but not the fine dining experience we were expecting. Try somewhere else.

1  Thank js2222
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I recently ate the DCH restaurant. The menu looked very tempting and the service was very good. (It should have been as there was only one other couple there and that was a Friday night). However my husband's fish was undercooked and my plated lamb meal looked as if it had been waiting in the oven too long. Both the food and the wine were a bit pricey and I'm not sure whether or not we will return as York now has some excellent restaurants to choose from.