“Good food and friendly service”
Review of Georgina's Cafe - CLOSED

Georgina's Cafe
Cuisines: American, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Georgina's Cafe is one of York's newest and smartest tea and coffee houses. Modelled on the liner-society cafes of the 1920s and 30s Georgina's offers breakfasts, snacks, lunches and afternoon teas as well as great tea and coffee. Our cakes are becoming some of the most sought-after in the north and we also offer a range of beers and wines.
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were tempted into this cafe due to the gluten free options available on the menu, just ask and they will assist if needed. The staff were very friendly and the cafe was clean, tidy and welcoming.

The menu had a good variety of options from pie of the day, to burgers and soup and sandwiches. We ordered the soup of the day (homemade cream of tomato which was excellent) with a sandwich. The salad garnish was very fresh, the soup was homemade and very tasty and the sandwich came with plenty of filling. My gluten free option wasn't a problem at all and was very nice. All in all just perfect for a cold Sunday afternoon in York. There are hot and cold options on the menu and lovely afternoon teas if you just fancy a break from the shopping and sightseeing.

At £18 for two soups and sandwiches and two cold drinks this seemed great value for money to us and we would visit again if back in the area. The only slight issue appears to be the toilet which is upstairs, so may not be suitable for those with mobility issues. Highly recommended though.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Visited Georgina`s whilst on a short break in York, had a late lunch and what a lunch, it was the best club sandwich i have ever had, i had the winter club sandwich with cranberry, to say it was excellent, short changes it.

Very highly recommended, enjoyed the whole experience, thank you.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Full afternoon tea with first floor 'people watching' opportunity in a relaxed environment... And you don't (normally) have to queue out in the street...!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I popped in here for a bacon butty and brew to take out as it was advertised outside for £3. A bargain, thinks I.
As such, I wasn't expecting much.
I was, however very impressed. The bread was brown and fresh. The bacon thick and tasty. The whole sandwich was presented in a lovely see through bag - which tantalised me as I walked towards the minster to find a seat.
In honesty - this was one of the best bacon butties I've ever had!
An absolute bargain at £3.
I'll be back here again for another very soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stumbled upon this amazing tea room on a shopping trip in York with my mum. (who incidently is very fussy when eating out). we knew it must be fairly nice as we had to wait 10 minutes for a table. We were shown to a table upstairs.
We ordered and our food and drinks came very quickly. I had an open chicken and stuffing sandwich with salad and hand cut crisps which was delicious! My mum had a toasted pitta with brie and cranberry. She said it was beautiful and she will definitely return......which is a rarity I must add. Very reasonably priced too. The cakes looked wonderful. Will return soon.