Hotel du Vin York
  • Room Service
Middletons York(York)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$91
US$114
US$99
Hotels.com
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$93
Travelocity
US$204
US$196
US$111
US$95
1,592 results
All reviewsmonsoon showerroll top bathcigar shackmezzanine roomlovely hotelstandard roomnespresso machinefree standing bathmini barbooked a superior roomunderfloor heatingboutique hotelmain buildingcar parkwalk in showercity centreper night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 March 2009

My husband and I had a romantic get away without our three children last weekend. We stayed in a standard room at the back of the hotel. The room was great with a huge bath and shower and beautiful soft bedding.

Food in the restaurant was very enjoyable but our favourite part was visiting the bar where the lovely french bar man kept suggesting drinks for us to try.

Brilliant service, faultless infact. We felt totally cocooned and pampered. The deputy manager was amazing

All in all a fab getaway. WE WILL BE BACK.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2009

A classy choice - I loved my room, with its huge open plan bathroom, roll-top bath and walk in monsoon shower. Well worth it for the quality of the beds and bedding alone.

The food is great too - but its main let-down is service. Needs more staff in almost every area. Reception check-out was slow and flustered with a big queue. Dinner service was ungracious and inattentive, despite insisting it was impossible to have our table 20 minutes earlier than booked (Lots of empty tables) - because the kitchen wouldn't be able to cope. More like the restaurant staff wouldn't be able to cope!

Anyway - it wouldn't stop me going back (I have a stay booked later this week in fact), and if the service is better i'd rate it 5.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2009

Booked a "Lazy Sunday" break and our room was in an annex next to the hotel. The cost for the night was £169 DB&B. (Normally £149 but because its Valentines weekend we had to pay £169)
The staff on arrival were lovely and very professional, the room was very hot, small but nice.
The bar was expensive (£6.45 for a small wine, i asked for this to be checked on checking out and was told that it was right....WoW!)
The menu was small and the food in my opinion was very average. Starters were fine but for the main course, I had a steak with Chunkey Yorkshire chips ( i got 5 chips) also the sauce had a very thick skin on the top. My wife had the Salmon Fish cake.....and thats what she got A Salmon fish cake and nothing else......its a good job she ordered a side salad.....

This hotel is nice, but if i had paid anymore I would have been very disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 9 February 2009

My friend and I used the hotel as a base to meet up for our annual girly weekend, and were highly impressed with our stay. Having stayed in one other York hotel which was beautifully furnished but lacked in every other area we were slightly worried but need not of been as Hotel Du Vin was far superior.

At Hotel Du Vin the welcome wasn't particularly warm to begin with and I was a little perturbed that they got our room rate wrong a few times however, the receptionist and her colleague were more friendly as time went by and our initial reception forgotten. The rooms were lovely, the showers with their monsoon heads were fantastic, beds comfy and the hotel public areas very relaxing and comfortable. Only small gripe was that the mini bar was really well stocked up and very tempting but having to pay for bottled water a little cheeky in this day and age. However, complimentary coffee and tea were top notch.

Breakfast was excellent, the fresh fruit and danish pastries of a very high standard and the cooked breakfast couldn't be faulted, can recommend the bacon benedict, for once the sauce was spot on.

Walking into town was easy and the station only 10 minutes away so for location it was perfect, and we will definately return on our next visit to York.....

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 5 February 2009

I had certain expectations of the Hotel du Vin from what I'd read about the hotel chain - that it was a fairly classy choice similar to Malmaison (I think they are under the same ownership now). My expectations turned out to be pretty accurate - the room had a solid, quality feel to it, with thick curtains and well made furniture and fittings. It was also what I'd consider to be in a good location, not noisy, and easy to walk into York. There were a few things that suggested that the chain tries to hard to attract a certain clientele, such as the 'Cigar Shack' and use of very lengthy wine-related names on the doors, but that's not important. The only slightly disappointing thing was that we booked for dinner, and I did not find it as impressive as a lot of other people have thought. Also the service at breakfast was a bit all over the place, and when I asked for a couple of things, I wasn't served with a smile. Parking was great, plenty of space behind the hotel, and the fact that it was also free of charge made the stay better value for money. I would definitely recommend the hotel itself and would return again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple