“Excellent food”

Kapadokya 50
Ranked #86 of 989 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$20 - US$26
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Kapadokya 50 is a traditional Turkish run family restaurant, owned by Hayati & Mithat Kucukkoylu. It is situated in the city centre of York, North Yorkshire with easy access to public transport including a good bus network, and it is only a short walk from York Railway Station and within easy walking distance of all the major city centre hotels.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were thrilled to find this gem in York centre.the food is amazing and he staff friendly and efficient. We like to try different venues when on holiday but we enjoyed this restaurant so much that we returned the next evening too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Dined at Kapadokya last night with four friends. It was the first time that any of us had been there but it will certainly not be the last. We all agreed that we had had a wonderful night out.

The Restaurant: Warm friendly atmosphere, scrupulously clean, beautifully decorated.

The Staff: Welcoming, efficient and attentive without being intrusive.

The Food: Superb! My starter included some of the best Feta cheese that I have ever tasted. For the main courses 2 of the group chose chicken, 1 chose Moussaka, and 2 (including me) chose Lamb on the bone - all agreed that food was perfectly cooked, beautifully presented and tasted delicious. None of us had room for pudding.

The cost: We had two courses, wine and coffees and it came to just under £25 each. Excellent value for money - can't wait to to go there again !

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I ate here at the weekend with my husband and sister, my husband eats here often when he works In the area and he said he loved it so was sure we would. The waiter greeted us as soon as we got through the door and they were all very attentive, we ordered starters of tomato & feta cheese and my husband had the liver, for my main course I had chicken in tomato sauce & pitta bread, my sister had the salmon and my husband had mixed grill, the food was absolutely beautiful and none of us had any complaints whatsoever in fact I now want to go back as soon as possible to try more on the menu if it all tastes as good as that meal did. I would recommend it to anyone wanting excellent food & service.

1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I had heard a lot about Kapadokya but I had never had the chance to experience it myself.
I am half Turkish and I live in Turkey I am currently on holiday in my hometown.
Finally when I went there last month I had the mouth watering Lamb shank and after that, I went back 5 times, each time I went I ordered something different, every time I had an amazing experience there and I am going to continue going there while I am here and next time I come!
I have being living in Turkey for 7 years and it's definitely a true Turkish cuisine experience with wonderful polite staff!
I extremely advice that you give it a shot! :)))

1  Thank Leyla H
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great place to enjoy a meal as we have been to Kapadokya a number of times. The most recent being with one of my girl friends for a meal out. We ordered the mix meze for starters which was very nice, which was followed by my perfectly cooked grilled salmon steak and my friends choice of Sea food Guvec. Our mains were cooked perfectly and presented immaculately on the plate. It's definitely one of our favorite places to eat when we travel up to york for a break. The staff are always welcoming and friendly and have made us feel very comfortable.

1  Thank Nicky G