“Lunchtime Sandwich”
Review of The Bay Horse - CLOSED

The Bay Horse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bay Horse Beautiful English pub in Murton Take a step inside the Bay Horse and you'll soon appreciate the warm hospitality of this delightful 18th Century pub. Boasting a real log fire and exposed beams, the Bay Horse at Murton is a popular local pub that's perfect for those exploring the local area or just out on a country walk. We have a huge beer garden that is always popular in the summer - not much beats having a refreshing pint of your favourite ale unwinding on a warm summers evening. Equally though in winter you can gaze out onto the garden as the snow falls whilst feeling the flickering heat of the real log fire keeping you warm.Keep an eye out for our special BBQ nights in the summer. They are really great affairs for family and friends. Traditional English FayreWe have both a bar and a dining area. You can enjoy your freshly cooked meal knowing that it's been prepared using the finest local ingredients. We always source locally as it's not just good for the environment and local economy, but it just seems to taste nice too. For the real ale drinker we stock a good range of quality real ales. You will find that we have a large car park and a smoking area too.
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Popped into the Bay Horse for a quick lunch, there was a very limited meu for lunch so we plumbed for the cheese and red onion - with coleslaw. What a disappointment the sandwich came in a small brown bun (and I mean SMALL with white onion the smallest amount of coleslaw I think I have ever seen! with a small coffee and small coke the bill came to £14 I will never return to this Pub and would not recommend it. Value it was not.

2  Thank Jenny D

Reviewed 1 October 2013

When we arrived we was greeted by the landlord and landlady, who was very polite and let us know all the specials And their own recommendations after asking our own likes and tastes. The food came out after about 25mins and was absolutely delicious. All the staff was very nice and made us feel very comfortable. The food was spot on, and we could not find a fault! Will definitely be returning and recommending!
Ashleigh

1  Thank Ashleigh0123
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly bartender and the landlord. Whilst ordering drinks with the bartender I overheard the discussion about the crisps, nuts and chicken dinner. The Landlord simply stated that he would give the lady the packet of crisps for free as they were from a multipack due to an ordering delay. The woman didn't say thank you or even acknowledge this, then asking for nuts the landlord turned around and placed them on the bar for the lady. Then following this the food order came and the landlord tried to explain to the woman that under usual circumstances they do not provide small chicken portions as if they did they would be wasting half of the chicken, but he was very generous when he offered that on this occasion he would prepare a small chicken dinner. He was only trying to explain to the woman and she was rather rude and abrupt with him, he did well not to react. After all that my wife and inlaws had a large beef dinner and 2 small pork dinners, they all thoroughly enjoyed their meals. I chose the trio of sausages, the staff were very friendly and quite happy to get an extra portion of veg for our table no problems. Would thoroughly recommend, great pub, friendly locals and a warm atmosphere.

2  Thank John R
Reviewed 29 September 2013

the menu is wrong, the owner was nasty, my Yorkshire pudding was cremated my gravy still granular, my roast potatoe was not roast and the veg was slop, I was not satisfied and the owner was whinging because I ordered a small Sunday dinner of chicken and he didn't want to waste the other half of chicken, well he shouldn't have the option of small chicken on his menu then, also I asked to buy a packet of cheese and onion crisps and he basically chucked them at me telling me he will have to let me have them for free as there from a multi-pack and he's not aloud to sell them separately. I wish I'd never asked. I asked for nuts and he gave me an awful look as if I was a nuisance and I was unwelcome. I left straight after as I could not awkwardly sit there any longer. I wish I had gone to the black bull now I'd of got a better meal for a cheaper price with a smile!! I would not recommend at all

5  Thank haylzian
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

A cosy setting, ample parking and staff were attentive. Food was good, reasonably priced.
It was very quiet when we were there and don't know why. Places like these need more custom.