“great quality meal”

Ranked #109 of 935 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Italian trattoria, restaurante & pizzaria offering fine Italian food and wines. For that special occasion, romantic meal etc.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Pleasant, friendly staff. Well cooked food. Reasonable selection of prices to suit most budgets. Nice for a family/friends night out

1  Thank rcowan

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband has eaten here on several occasions, so whilst my sister and I were in York we also had dinner here. It's quite a small intimate restaurant and our food arrived quickly with no complaints, My husband and I had a pizza which was freshly cooked, my sister had cannelloni which she said was beautiful, we also had a litre of house wine which was really nice. The only criticism I had was the staff weren't very friendly and our waitress was new but didn't seem too interested in the customers!, as my husband has eaten here regularly he said that's the 1st time he's had a problem with the service in this restaurant, which is a shame as the food and wine were very good.

1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Fab meal with lovely friends. Excellent food highly recommend it. Simple straightforward menu which tastes amazing!

1  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here several times because it is very convenient to this part of York. The pizza has an oily almost fried taste to it. The pastas are heavy sledding. ..I just had the pasta with salmon and the preparation seems like nothing is fresh or cooked with care. Mediocre.

2  Thank strascino
Lo_Spuntino, Owner at Lo Spuntino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your view on Lo Spuntino, as a visitor to our restaurant you are entitled to your opinion however I don't believe you have eaten here 'several times' convenient or NOT. Our food is prepared daily on the premises and as you can see from previous reviews we are far from mediocre.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

When my husband and I entered this lovely, small restaurant there were 3 other tables of diners. We sat down & the (sole) waitress handed us our menus. It was 28 degrees outside yet we weren't asked for a drink order straight away as usually happens. We waited 15 minutes for her to take our order. In the meantime a gentleman came in who "didn't need a menu" and who was eating his starter & drinking his wine & water before our order had even been placed. This also happened to another 2 couples who arrived after us. We actually received our starters before our drinks. To be fair, the waitress had had to phone in a backup waiter from his day off before we left. The food was fine, neither good nor bad, just average.