“Good food but...”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I ate there just last night and the food was good, when it eventually arrived. The staff were friendly but I really could have done without being asked if I was going to leave a tip!

3  Thank Myfanwy M

Reviewed 3 June 2012

As per usual when I am in York I went for a curry at Tandoori Nights on a cold Saturday night with a group of friends. All I can say is that everything from the service, to the food and drink was perfect. The owner - Sean, even threw in a complimentary drink for everyone at the end of our meal. The food really was fantastic on this visit and I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a curry in York. .

Reviewed 1 June 2012

We checked in lateish to our bed and breakfast which was a short walk from this Indian restaurant just on the "outside" of the York Wall and started out walking to investigate restaurants to forage for food. We love Indian food but were hesitant to go in due to the small storefront - we thought it was was basically take out - but we went in and were delighted to find that there was a whole white tablecloth restaurant there with full service bar, main dining area and private dining room. The decor was light and cheerful with hanging flowers and the service was very good. The food was and very good, as it was very well prepared and was not heavy. We would definitely return if we were in York again. I have to add that we walked into four other local traditional food places nearby and I can say that this was the nicest and cleanest reastaurant in all of Bootham - hotels included.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is the most disgusting 'Indian' restaurant I have ever been in. There is nothing Indian about it. It wasn't my choice of venue and I was braced for British Curry rather than genuine Indian food. The menu lived up to my expectations, offering Baltis and Tikka Masala. However, that kind of cuisine can still be tasty. I (foolishly) decided that Veg Biryani would be a safe bet. OH NO. It was flavourless and the usual ingredients had been replaced by large, soggy brussels sprouts. Totally inedible.
The following day, the rest of the party I was with admitted that they hadn't enjoyed their meals either and wouldn't return.
The service was erratic and fairly brusque and the decor is depressing. There must be SO many nicer places to eat in York.

2  Thank KLondonK
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We have the tastecard and the application and We decided to give Tandoori night a try. We had passed it a couple of times walking to town from our hotel and the menu looked very nice.

We went on a Wednesday night at 9pm and it was rather busy for a week day night. We were greeted and quickly sat at a table near the back of the restaurant.

The waiter asked if we wanted poppadoms, we asked for three and they were brought over with four dips, two being, Chutney and cucumber Raitha.

We chose the Onion Bhaji and the mixed kebab for starters and for the main meal we chose the Special Vegetarian dinner and the hot tandoori Chicken massala with rice and a garlic naan.

We also ordered two ciders.

The meal was brilliant, I honestly cant complain about anything because we cleared our plates.

The restaurant accepts the taste card and it ended up being 2 for 1 on all dishes

Bargain for a great meal.

1  Thank Pinuprobot