Holiday Inn York City Centre
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$96
  • Pool
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$221
Hilton York(York)
US$142
US$118
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$71
US$287
US$169
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$89
US$438
US$405
US$154
US$141
Agoda.com
1,951 results
All reviewscar parkcity centrewalk in showerper nightsofa bedgreat showerbuffet stylestayed for one nightcastle museumfew minutes walkwould stay againvisiting yorktea and coffeebiscuitsfull englishwetherspoonspiccadilly
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel in the "king suite" which is on the main road. It was very central and a 2 minute walk to city. Some of the issues are as follows:

- Walls and more importantly windows are so thin you can hear everything outside like drunk people on the way home.

- I know this is not the hotels fault but its currently Sunday morning and there is very noisy roadworks going on directly outside our room and the windows consisting of the thinnest glass known to man is not helping!

- No wardrobe in the room which makes storage difficult.

- I feel the design of the room is not thought out very much. There is one small table in the corner with all the plug sockets around it and the coffee/tea tray is located under the TV, which due to lack of table space I just ended up making tea on the floor.

- The tv was faulty and when reported the staff member said he would report it, 48 hours later nothing was heard.

- The staff were polite but very inflexible and at times not that helpful.

- Parking is £10 a night and is located across the street in an abandoned warehouse, which is not secure. I had worries about how secluded the car park was and glad that I own a crap worthless car!

- The hotel has a restaurant facility which we tried. The food was nice but very expensive. For the money we paid we could of got a great meal in one of Yorks nice restaurants. £10 each for breakfast when you can get a better one just down the street for £5 to me seems a bit ridiculous, especially when the rest of the hotel is not up to a great standard.

- While I'm on prices me and my partner had a glass of wine and a pint of San Miguel (which was on draft and flat as hell) this came to £11.25 which is extortionate!

- I feel it's important to mention the beds are two singles pushed together and very squeaky! This coupled with the thin walls is really great (sarcasm).

Above are 10 valid points why this hotel isn't the best and 1 why it is.

In summary the only card this hotel has to play is location. To be honest there is a travel lodge opposite hotel 53 I would HIGHLY recommend enquiring about a room here.

I know I sound like a moaning old bloke but I'm 23. Me and my partner are both in the British forces and we wanted a nice few days before she deployed and I won't see her for four months. We had a great time but one regret is not spending a bit more cash and getting a nicer hotel.'

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Whitey W
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 312 so not sure if other sode of the hotel is more quiet but its very clean, windows and wall seem very thin so every noise you heard and from 8am onwards was very loud.

You also have to lay £10 for parking and they freeze £30 in your account and im not sure when they unfreeze it, could be a nasty surprise if you were planning a cheap night away eith not much funds.

overall i would stay again

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We often stay at this hotel when we come to York, infact its our first point of call due to its location, cheap parking compared to the rest of york and really comfy beds.
£10 parking per night for the car park. It is secure at night, we have a large expensive car and we had no worries about leaving it there or worry about it being broken into.

This time round they asked for a credit/debit card for some kind of deposit. I HATE hotels that do this and flat out refuse as the money DOES come out of your account and takes days to go back on. I flatly refused this time and stated we've never had this before and paid by cash. The amount was £30. Reading other reviews it seems for others it has been a higher amount? We got this back in cash on our checkout.

One gripe I have is the check in is so late- 3pm.
Previous stays our room has always been ready around midday when we arrive ...its a pain in the a*** having to potter around for a few hours and then get back to the hotel to check in and move your things from the car into the hotel. We had loads of bags as we were staying for 3 days over new year so i can only presume our room wasnt ready as maybe they were short staffed as it was the xmas/new years period?

3 nights 30th dec to 2nd jan worked out at £150 each (not including the parking).
Book early for any race days or xmas / new year periods at the prices DO GO UP.
We booked in June for the new year stay.

I am also wondering if the hotel is used as a location for people waiting for housing from the social. Seemed to be alot of polish and other foreign people staying ..familes and the like..cant put my finger on it exactly but seemed to us that the hotel was used for the council to put families up for abit.

apart from that..great hotel as always, no issues, clean, great big comfy bed and shower.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed for three nights and although the hotel had a few faults (thin walls meaning you could hear everything, restaurant closed for most of the weekend) it is pretty good value for money. It's nice and clean, the staff are lovely (special mention must go to Chris, the night porter, who was very friendly and helpful) and the room was a really good size, complete with large walk-in shower and spacious bathroom. It's also in a great location, just a few minutes walk up Piccadilly to the centre of York. I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank leemurphy1
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Fabulous location Ultra clean, well soundproofed rooms.
Huge bed with fluffy duvet and two deep pillows each!
Gigantic super fluffy towels.
Helpful staff.
Im struggling to say something negative about the Hotel.
No parking but discounts in local car parks offered ( approx £10 -£13 per 24 hour stay )

Room Tip: All rooms are pre allocated so you can not request a quite room on arrival.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple