Holiday Inn York City Centre
US$170
  • Pool
US$129
US$115
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$89
US$203
US$163
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$102
Park Inn
  • Restaurant
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$95
  • Pool
US$125
US$116
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$133
US$121
Agoda.com
1,953 results
All reviewscar parkcity centrewalk in showerper nightsofa bedgreat showerbuffet stylestayed for one nightcastle museumfew minutes walkwould stay againvisiting yorktea and coffeebiscuitsfull englishwetherspoonspiccadilly
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for the first time for one night back in July the hotel itself is lovely and it's in a great location close to the city centre! When we checked in the lady on reception was so helpful giving us a map and pointing out where abouts we were and which way to walk to get into the centre the quickest . She even asked if we needed any help on where is good to go for drinks and food but because this wasn't out first time to York we had everything all ready planned out .. It was such a good touch though especially for guests who hadn't visted York before! You don't normally get such nice service from a receptionist.. the stay itself cost £160 pound for one night room only which yes is a lot of money for one night but peak months most hotels I york are highly priced .. The only downside to the hotel is it needs air con fitted it was really warm in the bedroom and even though they did give us a large fan when it come to drying my hair and getting ready to go out I did struggle it was absolutely boiling . My partner did find sleeping in the room uncomfortable because of the heat . We also used the hotel car park which cost ten pound per night it was handy and stress free I was worried on the drive up incase we didn't get a space but thankfully there was plenty still free when we arrived .All in all this hotel has everything you need and I would defiantly return just mabye not in the summer months

Stayed: July 2014
Hotel53YorkCentre, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn York City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay back in July. I am pleased to read all of your positive comments from your stay, we do have a great location, just 5 minutes walk into the main city centre and even less to many of York's great attractions! Our receptionists all have an intimate knowledge of York itself and are always here to provide any information or recommendations you may require. As you rightly say, York is a very popular destination and during peak times prices do rise, however, we do keep an eye on what our competitors are selling at to ensure that you get the best value by booking at Hotel 53.

We did experience rather hot weather for an unusually long period in July and August. Whilst we do not have air conditioning in our bedrooms, we provide fans however I am sorry that you still struggled to keep cool. There is no need to worry about finding a parking space as when our spaces are fully allocated, there is plenty of pay & display in the same car park, a pay & display directly behind the hotel and tons of additional parking a little further. Our receptionists are all very knowledgeable with regards to parking and can always help our guests find the perfect parking space to suit their needs.

We really do hope to welcome you back to Hotel 53, why not call direct and as a Trip Advisor user claim your 10% discount?

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Good location, very close to centre., five minutes walking distance. Comfy room, but TV channels very limited,and although it said there was wi if we managed about ten minutes of it. Good car park and helpful staff. Lovely breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janette H
Hotel53YorkCentre, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn York City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay at Hotel 53 back in June. I agree that we do have a great location 5 minutes walk to the heart of the city centre! I am pleased that you found your room to be comfy, our TV's all have freeview channels so I am a little confused as to your limited channels comment. Perhaps your TV was not tuned into the digital channels correctly? I am sorry that you had trouble with the WiFi, I do wish that you had reported this to us so that we could have the chance to call our WiFi provider and rectify the problem..

I am so pleased that you found our staff helpful and enjoyed your lovely breakfast! I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to Hotel 53 in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel itself was nice enough and the breakfast was typical hotel fare. The beds were comfortable but as my title says the pillows were rock hard. I don't mind a lack of air conditioning and sleeping with open windows generally but I found the traffic noises from a nearby heavily traveled street, combined with the pillow situation ,made it difficult to fall asleep. My husband had no such trouble and once I was actually able to fall asleep I slept well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your stay at Hotel 53. I am sorry that you found your pillow to be hard, however I am glad that you slept well once you fell asleep! I understand that bed and pillow hardness is all down to personal preference however I am sure that we could have tested some alternative pillows had you mentioned this to reception.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the rest of your stay at Hotel 53. I do hope that we get the change to welcome you and your husband back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for one night after staying previously a year ago. lovely hotel and friendly staff. good location too. only thing didnt like that we were in a family room with my 3 year old trying to sleep, and had lots of noise from groups of girls/boys going out and then coming back in at around 3am. would of thought they would of been kept separate from family rooms?? apart from that nice stay. Also there is a weatherspoons directly opposite hotel which is good for breakfast/lunch etc without paying hotel scandalous prices.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of your stay at Hotel 53. I am so pleased that you decided to return to Hotel 53 after your last stay a year ago. I am sorry that you were disturbed by guests returning in the morning. Whilst we do our best to pinpoint groups and allocate them rooms together away from families, it is not always possible for us to find these prior to arrival. We do rely on our in house guests to respect other guests and keep noise to a minimum, however should noise become an issue, please contact our night manager at reception who will be able to speak to the noisy guests.

I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to Hotel 53 for a 3rd time, why not call direct and quote 'Trip Advisor' for your 10% discount.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at this modern hotel for a short city break with three friends and chose it based on price and location. It is just 10 to 15 minutes easy walk to the city centre and main attractions.

The hotel staff were friendly and attentive and made great restaurant recommendations. The rooms were clean and comfortable, although two of us found them hot but this was easily sorted by opening the window - being on the 5th floor and and at the side of the hotel we were not disturbed by outside noise other than the wind and trees (the result of Hurricane Bertha passing by!)

Buffet breakfast was good; choice of fruits and cereal and cooked selection for a full english. We enjoyed returning to the hotel in the evening and having a nightcap (great cocktails!)

Booking direct with the hotel, we paid a reasonable price for our two night stay (£70 per night BB) making this excellent value for four of us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at Hotel 53. We do have a great location, only 5 minutes walk into the heart of the city (the 10 to 15 minutes that you describe will take you to the other side of the centre where the minster is). The castle Museum, Clifford's Tower and Jorvik are even closer, less than 5 minutes walk from door to door. I am pleased to read that you found staff friendly and attentive, we regularly receive praise for our staff, each member being a credit to our overall team.

We offer reduced rates by booking direct and as a trip advisor user, you will receive a further 10% discount of a future stay by quoting 'Trip Advisor' when you book. We hope to welcome you back to Hotel 53 soon,

Kind Regards