“Absolutely superb accommodation & location”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
wotimsayi...
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Absolutely superb accommodation & location”
Reviewed 28 December 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Central location with a 5 minute stroll through the museum gardens, river bank or Bootham to the centre of York. Easy check in/out with a key safe, awesome waterfall shower (i could stay in it all day), free allocated parking saves a fortune in York, very comfortable, classy, light and airy. Close enough to the attractions yet just tucked away in a peaceful leafy lane. No lift but only two flights of stairs so no problem for us. every thing you need, free tea & coffee, 40" smart TV, free wifi, comfortable beds. Highly recommended. One of the best self catering accommodation properties we've stayed in.

Your age range 35-49
Vickie D
“Comfortable for two, not four!”
Reviewed 21 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

Bootham bolt hole is situated in a great location. It is decorated nicely, has a lovely view of the Minster, great shower and bright due to the large windows. I came to the bootham bolt hole to relax with my mother and daughter on holiday and to re charge from a stressful job. We accepted that it was a set up in the living room second bed, however, after one night on the camp bed my lower back ached. We realised that the bed was an occasional day bed and not geared up for a weeks sleep for an adult. (Perhaps for children). After two nights broken sleep, I felt very disappointed that my holiday would not provide what I would expect as a fundamental. Further to this, we were lucky to get two hot showers, leaving the third person to endure a cold shower in the morning. I am a keen runner and had planned to go running in the evening, followed by a shower but we soon realised that the hot water was not available the guest book said if it ran out "not to worry there will be plenty more in the morning!". (The apartment said it sleeps four but one of us endured a cold shower every day) this was on top of broken sleep from a below average bed. When I asked the owner to consider my views, he was defensive and suggested I should try a five star hotel! I think a good night sleep and a hot shower is a basic requirement even in basic hotels/apartments! I suggested that he changes his advertisement to a two bed apartment, which would be perfect for guests. As it stands it is all about making money and not about a guests comfortable holiday. Time that is precious and you can't get back. I didn't want any compensation (we were offered £50 off if we returned) but I wanted him to change his advert to two beds to save other guests from the same experience. I note nothing has changed. You will see from the pictures that we had nowhere to put our stuff, the type of bed I endured for a week, the guest book note about showers. The key safe is a nail breaker, the owner knows this, he said his wife breaks nails but yet he still thinks it's okay to offer that to guests. I think you get my point. Shame as it would otherwise be a great apartment.

JohnMA233
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Great situation”
Reviewed 7 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We were met on arrival by the owner and his wife who showed us all around the apartment, they were very helpful and attentive, we only had to text or phone them and they would come if something was wrong. The apartment was ideally situated for visiting York - a 10 minute stroll to the walls one way and 10 minutes walk to the Railway Museum the other. No need to use the car at all.
The kitchen, lounge area was very light and bright - you could see the Minster from the front window. It was well fitted out with everything needed and had wifi. The bedroom had a very comfortable bed and the bathroom was superb. The only downside, if you are somewhat disable, is the two flights of stairs but we are two oaps and we managed fine.
Yes, we will definitely return.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The situation of the apartment
Liked least: The stairs
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
9 Feb 2016
Thank you ever so much for sharing your holiday experience with us all, we are so pleased that you had a lovely break! It is wonderful to hear that you had all that you needed at the property and enjoyed the look of the place, it sounds like it was a great base to explore all of York right on the doorstep - excellent! We certainly hope you return for another visit very soon!
willyNune...
Nuneaton, UK
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 3 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Just spent a week at the Bootham Bolt Hole and loved it. Beautiful apartment just a short stroll from York Minster. The apartment has everything (and more) that you could want. Beautifully decorated and furnished with a fabulolus shower room.
The owners kept in touch via text and were very obliging and helpful, Lovely touch having christmas trimmings and a nice bottle of bubbly waiting for us on our arrival.

York is a superb city with so much to see, do, eat and drink. We cannot recommend this place highly enough

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Management Response
5 Jan 2016
It is so wonderful to hear that you had a great stay at Bootham Bolt Hole, and thank you ever so much for sharing your holiday experience with us. It sounds like the apartment suited you down to the ground - a comfortable place to stay (with some welcome goodies on top!) as well as a central location for taking in all that York has to offer - excellent! We certainly hope that you return again very soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing