Park View Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
B+B York(York)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bfull englishwalls are very thinfree parkingclose to city centretea making facilitiesbit datedmin walkovernight staylocation is idealnothing too much troublebiscuitsbreakfast was excellentweekend breakcooked breakfastyork minsterguesthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2013

A wonderful b&b. Very attentive staff. Very good breakfast. Room cleaned every day to a very high standard.

Situated about a five minute walk from York Minster.

There is a 20% discount at treir associated resteraunt, The Raj, just down the road.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank OnchanOnchan
Reviewed 10 March 2013

After finding this place on the Internet it looked very nice...I think the pictures had been taken when it was very good light!
I booked this for one night as I had an interview the next day at York St. John university. The room was crammed, with a tiny bathroom. It was clean and the bed was comfy but for a double room it was very small.
I also kept hearing very strange noises throughout the evening, which appeared to be some sort of rattling noise. Now I sleep with earplugs at night so thankfully this didn't keep me up but for someone that doesn't would this strange noise have kept them up?
I was also told on the phone that I would be charged £50 for the night and was then charged £55 for the room...and I have no idea why! The owner spoke to me very fast so made it hard to understand him.
I wasn't allowed breakfast before 8am when I had a taxi at 8.20 to get me to this interview on time! Luckily I had enough time to get a cooked breakfast. I was also rushed out of the place very quickly when it was time for me to go.
Overall the service was okay but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Thats-So-Alex
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We stayed at Park View . From 25th Jan to 28th. Went for my birthday ,and my friends 50th wedding anniversary . The two men that run it do a great job , can not do enough for you to make sure your stay is very comfortable .rooms very clean ,beds comfortable, power shower , breakfast was hot and plenty of it ,and more if you require more to eat .would stay there again , and would recommend Park View to other people to stay ,for a trip to York . Thanks again for my birthday breakfast . And cake and candles .

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank LiverpoolShirlgirl
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Booked guest house throught lateroom because of facilities . Park view facilities page on laterooms.com states they have at the guest house 1) a bar 2) a restaurant 3) air conditioning 4) lounge menu 5) 24 hour reception 6) mountain bike hire 7) smoking rooms 8) private dining services 9) car park.. All total lies apart from car park. Laterooms confirm client responsible for site content not them . Please will the management respond with explanation for deliberate misrepresentation before we report them to trading standards

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank sexonfire1
raj a, Owner at Park View Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Sir

I am sorry to here about your stay

the bar, restaurant,air conditioning everything you mentioned was at the famly restaurant we have just 5 minutes away form the park view so all the facilities was for both the restaurant and the guest house as we have a merged account

sorry if you felt mislead

Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stayed here for a weekend and I have to say I was quite impressed. Good value for money, short walk into the centre and room very clean although en suite a little snug! Breakfast was ok, in honesty not the best quality ingredients but was pleasant enough. The two chaps who ran it could not do enough for you and were very accomodating. My only criticism was not enough hot water for two showers when getting ready to go out. Would stay here again when next in York.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple