“Excellent place for a stop over”

Hotel Campanile Northampton
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Excellent place for a stop over”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lovely modern hotel slightly more upmarket than a Travelodge/premier inn.
Staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was lovely and quiet at the far end of the corridor. Excellent upto date bathroom. Tea and coffee making facility. Hairdryer available from reception. Good nights sleep in a small but comfy double bed.
We eat dinner in the small restaurant area and it was tasty and good value for money. Slightly odd service in that we ordered starter and main with the waitress but were expected to go to the bar to order desert.
All in all a great place to stay if you just need a bed for the night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
CampaNG, General Manager at Hotel Campanile Northampton, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a great stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team took good care of you in the restaurant too. I am proud to be able to pass on such lovely feedback to my team - thank you

Best regards

Ashish Gupta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I chose this hotel to split my trip to the southwest. Good location by the M1. Very modern hotel. Rooms are Clean and comfortable with aircon. Will stay here again for sure. Reasonable price also. Was surprised with the free wifi. Brilliant hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on being value for money and do everything we can to ensure every guest has an exceptional experience with us and it is hugely motivating to hear that we met your expectations.

WARRINGTON
Reviewed 3 August 2014

When I checked out I was asked by the man on reception to review this hotel on Tripadvisor, so here it is.The rooms were clean and of a reasonable size. The tv did not receive all channels but this was a minor fault for me personally. The window did not open so I asked for it to be fixed. After two days I was told that they could not get any one out to it so I had to move rooms which was slightly inconvenient ( I moved next door). Food in the restaurant area was of a reasonable quality and price. The staff all tried for the customers and I think that the service of those staff is this hotels best selling point.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

Although I thank you for the good review that you gave us, its also disappointing to hear that your stay wasn't entirely flawless. I will personally share your feedback with the relevant department heads to ensure that any such mishaps do not happen again.

I thank you once again for your time and do hope you will come and stay again with us in the future.

Beziers, France
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice, modern, quiet and comfortable hotel with good food and nice attentive staff and management

This Campanile along with the one in Dartford has a thing or two to show their French Brethren who appear to have lost their way in the recent past with an awful re-vamp that they are still trying to extricate from and generally a second rate service, an inversion of received knowledge that French hotels and hospitality is somehow supreme

French management teams could learn a thing or two from Campanile UK if they have a will and an open mind, which I fear is a contraction in terms!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

A very clean, tidy and welcoming hotel. Lobby staff, check in staff and cleaning staff were all very welcoming and helpful. Nothing too much. Rooms were clean, airy and bright. Bathrooms spotless. Dog friendly, however would not know there were dogs in the hotel it's kept so clean. Enjoyed our stay so much we're coming back in less than 10 days time!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest

We pride ourselves on being value for money and providing extremely clean and modern facility. We always do everything we can to ensure every guest has an exceptional experience with us and it is hugely motivating to hear that we met your expectations.

I'm also glad toy know that you are returning to us in the very near future. We look forward to welcoming you once again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my visit as this was our second choice to staying at the Hilton which was booked up. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the Hilton but in fact I would say I was just as impressed overall. The rooms were decent and modern looking, not a lover of the colour scheme but that's a minor issue of course. The bathroom was good with a walk in shower so no complaints there.
Breakfast was excellent here, you get an all you can eat buffet with a decent selection of either a fry up which isn't quite a full English but you get the main bacon, egg and sausages. But you also get a decent selection of pastries with cold meats and cheeses, plus bread.
Overall I fully recommend staying at this hotel with what you get for the value of your money

Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and consider us to be in par with the 4* star hotels in the area.

Our restaurant offerings, Dinner/Lunch or breakfast is always the star of our guests' stay and we are glad you enjoyed it the first hand.

We do hope you will come and stay again with us in the future and we look forward to welcoming you once again.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The location was easy enough to find and we stayed here as it was one of the nearest left to get to Silverstone for the Grand prix.
Parking is free and lots on site, check in was smooth and friendly. Rooms are modern, lime green and ikea type furniture.
unfortunately the TV was very small and the remote didn't work very well. However the room was clean and throughout the weekend it was kept clean and replenished.

The shower was a walk in but was a little slippy as the tiles when wet required careful negotiation. WE ate across the road in the pub the first 2 nights and got breakfast on our way to Silverstone, the final morning we ate at the hotel, I felt it was a lot of money for what it was. However the staff at all times were really friendly and from check in to check out they were helpful
This is a budget hotel and serves its purpose as being clean and friendly. I just wouldn't eat there or pay the money for the food. which was a major let down

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are lovely and quiet, although you can smell smoking in the corridors!