“Passable hotel with a secret.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westone Manor Hotel

Westone Manor Hotel
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Passable hotel with a secret.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stay at a lot of different hotels around the country and use this one mainly for it's location. It is comfortable enough and reasonably priced.
But I can honestly say that they make the best scrambled eggs I've had in any hotel! Be sure to have them with you're breakfast.

Room Tip: A "superior" room is an absolute must!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at Westone about 9 months ago and did so again last week. On reading the reviews I was very surprised to see that some people don't rate this hotel - I guess everyone's experience / expectations are different but I would like to point out that on both occassions I had a great room, a great nights sleep, had a relaxed time in the bar and with the staff, and loved the food (breakfast buffet and cooked breakfast was excellent).

I don't see that many people mentioning the beautiful dinning area with one of the most spectacular rooms views on the planet. So anyway, yes, stay here - it's great value in a beautiful manor. I haven't stayed in the annex, but I sat next to somebody at breakfast who said their room was absolutely fine.

I'll be booking here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank anthony g
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Frequently stay over at this hotel and was pleased to see a great menu available at the bar that was good value and very flexible about food for little ones. We stayed in the main house and our rooms were bigger than average and very clean. Break was generous with a great choice of cereals and a cooked breakfast. We spent some time in the gardens and thoroughly enjoyed or stay. Uncertain why others have not had a similar experience and wonder whether they are staying at the same hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sheenuk
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Where do i start?? We wernt shown to our room so had to find it ourselves by walking across the car park with our luggage. The room we paid for was a twin room, we were given a double. It was freezing so we asked for some heating and the receptionist told us we need to go and collect a heater ourselves, which meant we would have to leave the building, walk across the car park and back again in the cold. At 4.30 am, the fire alarm went off in the room, we contacted reception who ensured they will ring us back with an update and to let us know whether it was a false alarm or not, we did not hear from them. The fire alarm went off a further 2 times before 11 am, again we were given no explanation. At 8.30 the housekeeper let herself into our room believing it was empty. The service we received was appalling! The state of the room was old and falling apart and the bathroom needed a good clean. We did however have tea and coffee in our room but was supplied with only 2 tea bags. I will NOT be returning

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank shannon s

Travellers are raving about these Northampton hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My boss booked this hotel for me to stay in as it was close to where I was headed on the Friday morning, so I checked it out on here before going, and to say I was apprehensive is an understatment. That said, on arrival I was greeted by a friendly and professional young lady, who was more than happy to chat, and upon being allocated my room, and given the WiFi login and password, I was given directions to the ever popular, and frequently mentioned, "Annex in the car park". Yet again my anxiety levels rose at being located in the car park and I was fearing the worst.

I walked round the corner and spotted said "annex" immediately, and though I was unable to enter the building through the first door, and saw a corridoor full of random funiture en route to the second door, I had no problems getting in. The corridoors are dated, and reminded me of my halls of residence when I was at uni, and I noted that there were no lifts so any disabled or elderly person woulld struggle to get up to the first floor (which is where my room was - room 517 I think), however this is where the down side of things stopped. My room was a (clearly refurbished) double en suite with a shower over the bath, it was spacious, contained everything I needed and the WiFi signal was sufficient enough to allow me to continue with my presentation preparation while on site. The view from the windows was nothing to shout about, with it looking out over the car park on one side, and towards a main road the other (though the road was obscurred by a line of trees). The only thing I would say is that the complimentary toileteries consist of a sachet of shampoo per person and a sachet of shower gel per person, but there is a supermarket not far away, so it shouldn't be a problem. Also, on the Friday morning, I woke to workmen on the roof next to my window, which was a bit of a shock, but easily sorted by keeping the curtains closed for a bit.

Breakfast was fresh and plentiful, so I honestly can't complain about what was available. It is worth bearing in mind that you will be charged £10 for breakfast regardless of what you eat, so if you're not much of a breakfast person, I'd nip into town to a cafe or similar to save a bit of cash.

Check out was an equally pleasent experience, the lady behind the counter was professional and open at all times, so I can't complain at all.

I will definately be using the Westone again if I come back on business, and if I'm allowed, I may request the same room!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jade L
NORTHANTS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I am the bride who got married here on the 26th july and feel i need to write a review. I chose westone manor hotel as was a central location for my wedding. Having read the reviews i knew some rooms wouldnt be upto much however being central my guests did not have to stay. Firstly my wedding was organised by anna at the hotel 11 months in advance she emailed at every opportunity to discuss details about the wedding. Secondly i stayed 2 nights in the bridal suite which by the way was lovely, 4 poster bed,view onto garden. I actually have no complaints about the room.The ceremony room was lovely backing onto the garden.The function room was lovely yes at times it was was hot/cold but mainly because my guests kept asking for the aircon to be turned on and off and imagined they got fed up of this. The bar in the function room was not open and my guests had to use the main bar which was not staffed adequatly for the amount of guests we had. This would be my main gripe! I had some beautiful pictures taken in the hotel. So dont be put off by the reviews particulary the obe that says dont get married here. Im a laid back person who doesnt let things bother them. I would still get married here if i had to do it again, yes there would be a few points i would get sorted.As for the carpark looking like grange hill who cares its a carpark i didnt let the look of the carpark ruin the lovely restaurant/function room/garden.By the way the food for the wedding breakfast and buffet were lovely. Honest review from the bride x

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
2 Thank Brothersgirl
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Booked this hotel for my mum and dad last week. My mum is blind and arrived with her guide dog, was told when checking in that hotel dont accept pets anymore, my mum explained that the guide dog is a working dog and not just a pet and that hotels do have to accept service dogs, the manager said that they will accept her in this case then.

At breakfast my parents were asked to move from the restaurant and eat on their own in the empty bar, very embarrasing to be removed from the restaurant in front of the other guests and also very difficult to eat breakfast from a low level coffee table. By the time the cutlery and their breakfasts had also been moved the breakfast was cold.

Basically, because my mum is blind and had a guide dog she was treated like a second rate guest. Awful service and attitude from the manager.

The hotel was once upon a time a nice coutry house, however terrible renovations and extensions were added on in the 60's and 70's leaving an ugly building to the front. The hotel needs some updating as it is looking very tired and worn.

Would definately avoid in the future.

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple