“Excellent Wedding Venue - would recommend to anyone”

Westone Manor Hotel
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Wedding Venue - would recommend to anyone”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Looking at previous reviews, I was initially very concerned about our choice of venue, I needn't,t have worried in fact I defy anyone to do better. Our big day went off without a hitch and Anna and the team at the Westone need to be congratulated for their professionalism and excellence.
I would like to thank all the reception and bar staff, who made our day joining in, at one point girls v boys between the two bars seeing who could take the most money, thank you all again for a fantastic day.
All of our guests commented on the quality of the food both the wedding breakfast and the evening buffet, it was that good it all went very quickly, when we asked the chef if he could do some more, even though he was packing up to go home, he obliged and provided more cooked food, to a very high standard.
As for the rooms they we're clean and worth every penny, the breakfast was was just as good.

Thank you all at the Westone Hotel - Paul and Sue (Bride and Groom)

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking gardens quiet
4 Thank Susan A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Northamptonshire
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Having read all the reviews, I was understandably concerned for my sisters wedding booked here this weekend. My fears were completely unfounded. My impression was that the staff have taken previous reviews seriously and have made significant strides to improve both the level of service and the surroundings. The place was clean, the day was well organised, the food was very good and the staff were friendly and helpful. We certainly didn't have long waits at the bar or cold food as has been the comments from some earlier reviewers.
As a result, my sisters wedding day was a tremendous success and friends and family all praised the venue, the staff and the organisation of the day.
Im sure the staff will continue to make all efforts to maintain this level of service.
Lin Jardine (sister of the bride, Saturday 23rd August 2014)

6 Thank LindaJardine
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

After reading the negative reviews about this hotel my sister and I had grave concerns. However, after speaking to Anna the wedding co-ordinator our concerns were eased. Anna and her team made my sisters day an amazing day Sat 23/08/14. The service you couldn't fault, there were enough staff on to cater for the masses and they were friendly, smiley and helpful. There were no queues at the bars. The prices at the bar were reasonable and not extortionate at all. The food was very good, hot and tasty. Nothing was too much trouble. The bride and groom had everything as they had asked for. I would like to say a big 'Thank you' to all the staff who was working on Sue and Pauls day. The only reason I haven't marked the hotel an excellent is not because of the service at all, the hotel is looking tired and worn in places.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 899Tina1961
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights and this was not what we expected for a hotel charging £72.00 per night. When we went in for a meal they had a very poor and limited selection out of around ten items on the menu the two items we ordered they dint have. The rest of the menu looked like it was linked to a takeaway or Iceland Frozen Foods. We order starters, the never brought them? We asked for a wine list to be told they don't have one only house wine? The place was completely without atmosphere. A dreadful rundown place to stay especially for that money. Premier Inns are tonnes better value

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David B

Travellers are raving about these Northampton hotels

Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stay at a lot of different hotels around the country and use this one mainly for it's location. It is comfortable enough and reasonably priced.
But I can honestly say that they make the best scrambled eggs I've had in any hotel! Be sure to have them with you're breakfast.

Room Tip: A "superior" room is an absolute must!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Peter R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at Westone about 9 months ago and did so again last week. On reading the reviews I was very surprised to see that some people don't rate this hotel - I guess everyone's experience / expectations are different but I would like to point out that on both occassions I had a great room, a great nights sleep, had a relaxed time in the bar and with the staff, and loved the food (breakfast buffet and cooked breakfast was excellent).

I don't see that many people mentioning the beautiful dinning area with one of the most spectacular rooms views on the planet. So anyway, yes, stay here - it's great value in a beautiful manor. I haven't stayed in the annex, but I sat next to somebody at breakfast who said their room was absolutely fine.

I'll be booking here again.

1 Thank anthony g
uk
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Frequently stay over at this hotel and was pleased to see a great menu available at the bar that was good value and very flexible about food for little ones. We stayed in the main house and our rooms were bigger than average and very clean. Break was generous with a great choice of cereals and a cooked breakfast. We spent some time in the gardens and thoroughly enjoyed or stay. Uncertain why others have not had a similar experience and wonder whether they are staying at the same hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family