“terrible”
Review of Marefair Roma - CLOSED

Marefair Roma
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Northampton, United Kingdom
“terrible”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 7.30pm and hsd eft in disgust by 8.30m. We were a party of 18 ladies on my sisters hen party looking forward to a lovely meal with plenty of drinks to follow. I was charged £26 for a double bacardi and small bottle of coke, a double voddy with a small bottle tonic water and a small glass wine! For a party of 18 there was 1 waiter/ barman. We knew it was going to be a buffet but forv £16.95 we expected more than a tray of warm chicken wings, thighs and drumstick, limp salad and shop bought burnt pizzas. It was so disappointing. There was no chef there so when this food was cooked is anyones guess! After a heated discussion with the waiter/ barman/ owner! we refused to pay the full amount because of the lack of service and care to the customer. We all paid £10 each as we had ate some of the chicken and burnt pizza! and left. My sister was extremely upset as this was her chosen venue for her hen night. x18 people were let down and will not be returning ever again. The owner needs to re-evaluate his customer service inside and outside the kitchen

Visited July 2014
1 Thank 899Tina1961

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Saved ( barely ! ) by a bottle of wine !”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We visited this restaurant for the first time ( and last ) on a Saturday evening having pre booked a table .
I was looking forward to this meal on the strength of the other Tripadvisor reviews but I have to say felt sadly let down . Apart from a largish party of about 15 people we were the only other diners .
We were seated straight away and the waiter ( and possibly owner ) gave us menus and asked us what we wanted to eat - apparently we had to order the food before we could order a drink - don't ask !!
The service was acceptable and whilst the food wasn't horrible it was nothing to write home about . Fairly bland but lacking any real flavour .
All the floor tiles on the way to the restrooms were cracked and one even broke under my foot but it was hastily repaired by the owner/waiter !
The saving grace of the meal was twofold . Firstly we had a very nice bottle of white rioja and secondly it wasn't particularly expensive .
That said I wouldn't go back . Sorry .

• Visited May 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“mediocre Italian”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Nothing special, menu is uninspired. Service not especially good. Had deep-fried brie and an overcooked tuna steak. Probably better for whisky than Italian food.

Visited June 2014
glasgow
“A mistake!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The only criteria for choosing this place was its proximity to the station and there were few places open on a Sunday evening...next time I would search further. I was the sole diner...the waiter wore a sweater! The pasta was bland....no parmesan was offered...when I asked I wished I had not bothered...the amount provided was miniscule. The coffee I would guess was instant.
Then came the bill....with a 10% service charge...in a far from attractive location with not too acceptable food and a waiter who did not care......definitely a mistake

• Visited June 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
“nice restaurant, good food”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A lovely cosy restaurant with a friendly atmosphere and tasty Italian food at very good prices. Service was quick and courteous. Worth a visit.

Visited April 2014