“Avoid at all costs !!!”

Ranked #338 of 538 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy our exceptional fusion of Indian, Bangladeshi & English cuisine at Chillies Indian Restaurant, Northampton. Our main food attraction are Tandoori dishes, verities of Balti dishes, shashlik, karahi, fish, vegetable, curry dishes including mouthwatering English dishes. We are currently located here for contact-Clannell Road (Near TESCO) East Hunsbury Northampton NN4 0JF.
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Went back to see if things had changed. Stupid idea !! Staff still rude and food only mediocre. Try Royal Bengal instead. They understand customer service.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Always greeted with a smile. Food good quality and service is efficient.

Take away has same menu but 10% cheaper for collection. They deliver in a certain radius too.

Can relax on the sofa with some Bombay mix and a drink while waiting to collect food. Kids usually given a lolly / sweet when leaving.

Staff remember customers and treat them well.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

We had 2 friends round for dinner last year so we plumped for a take away. As it was a weekend and they are busy they offer(ed) a 10 per cent discount on collection. I was the one nominated to collect so I took the monies, picked up the order and was given a discount that equated to approximately 2 per cent. When questioned I was told it was due to 'a menu update'. I thanked the chap, took the food and new menu home, checked the prices and it transpired it was the exact same/current menu we had ordered from. We let it go.

We oredered another take away a few months later, just for the two of us this time, short changed again.

Some time later another friend came to visit from Wiltshire, it was late when he arrived so we opted to go for a sit down meal, reluctantly on my part. The four sauces that came with the starter had a watery texture to say the least, the mango chutneyseemed excessively acetic? The popadoms came served on a plate that that already had crumbs on, and akin to 'Queenrafs' comment(s), I concur, the Tikka Massala did have a 'synthetic' taste not to mention a derth of chicken! Then, yet again, we were overcharged, not by much, and my friend did not wish to create a scene, but enough to leave a sour taste. Britains are traditionally famous for not complaining and having a sense of trust and fair play. I would never trust the staff of this restaurant where money is concerned again and I would suggest if you eat there you check your bill and pay by card so you get a receipt! I have only found one very decent Indian restaurant/take away in this town, especially for the quality of meal(s) and that is/was KIngsthorpe Spice, first class food.

1  Thank G C
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We had just booked this restaurant for tonight when we read the mixed reviews, but decided to check it out anyway. We need not have worried, the food was very good, and staff friendly. The restaurant was not that busy, but still had a nice atmosphere. Would definitely go there again and recommend it to friends. The location might not seem very exciting being next to tesco's, but once inside the restaurant you could be anywhere.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Not only is this a good restaurant it is also a great takeaway. The staff are very amiable. On the numerous occasions I have been there I have not had a bad meal. I have never needed to ask for a reservation. Though normally I am usually there at around 1900