“Great Food - COLD PLATES!”
Review of Thai Emerald - CLOSED

Thai Emerald
Price range: US$1 - US$53
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went for the excellent value Sunday lunch again. This is a buffet where you can eat all you want. As such the food is kept over 'Bain Maries'. These only keep the food just warm and the plates available for customers are stone cold - hence the food becomes cold immediately . What a shame as the fare is quite good. Have told the head waiter again but he just laughs it off!! Maybe our last visit here? Off to the Thai Nam Tip........

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We booked a birthday dinner for 50 people, with some special menu requirements and the staff did an excellent job of making this a special night. The food was tasty, fresh and served efficiently. The manager made sure everything was running smoothly and all the staff were very attentive and helpful. The whole evening went smoothly and I cannot recommend Thai Emerald enough.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

If you want a different dining experience for a special occasion then I highly recommend a visit here - I have been here 3 times now, and it's been amazing every time, make sure you book a table as the last time I went it was on a Monday (I had booked) and I wasn't expecting it to be busy but it was!

I recommend one of the banquet meals, me and my partner have gone for the Hot & Spicy one the last 2 times we've been and you get SO much food for your money. It's about £22 per person (more if you select the Fish banquet menu) but you get mixed starters, about 4 / 5 different dishes plus rice AND a desert and coffee afterwards and the food is astounding - I highly recommend their Thai Green curry, it's perfect!

The service is very prompt as well, and the restaurant is clean with a nice calm atmosphere. Can't praise it enough, can imagine I will be coming here many more times in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I ate at this restaurant recently after having been told that it was excellent. Sadly I was not of the same opinion! I found the food very mediocre and lacking in pure flavours. Lemon grass was at times over powering and the quantities were not great. On the positive side, the waitresses were excellent.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I went for a birthday celebration - 11 of us in total. First time visiting this Restaurant and was surprised as there was a decent enough crowd in for a Tuesday evening. I had high expectations as always busy at the weekends when I am in the area and I love Thai food.

I found it all fairly average to be honest.

Setting - Average
Service - Average
Food - Average

I went for a spicy beef dish which was ok and I felt I made a good choice in comparison to my wife and others who chose thai curries. My wife was really disappointed with her choice. It was rated as 3 chillies (very spicy) but was not spicy at all. And taste was average.

I certainly would not rush back. There was nothing particularly bad about the night just nothing to make me want to recommend it either. I have had many better meals at a similar price or cheaper.

It may be unrelated but I had quite bad stomach cramps in the evening which is not rare for me and my wife had a poorly stomach the next day. I cant say if this is related or not though - I would lean toward more likely it was linked though