“Mr W. Yates”

Cuisines: European, Polish, Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Fantastic evening spent at this wonderful family run establishment. The food standard was not only superb but portion sizes generous aswell. The host was brilliant and made us all feel very welcome and warm on what was a freezing cold evening, what more do you want this time of year?
I would highly recommend a visit to anyone I know for a great evening of food, drinks and great company.
Thanks for a great evening to everyone at Chata I will certainly be back in the near future!

3  Thank wyates93

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This little gem is in the nicer part of the town centre. I have been with my family several times now, we can't stop going back! The host is very welcoming and often offers you complimentary, homemade, warming shots at the end of your meal. They are very delicious and perfect before you brace the cold! He makes a great mulled wine too. The food is hearty- I particularly like the beef goulash and potato cakes but there are lighter salmon and chicken options too. Perfect for date nights, family meals or a tasty lunch (because their coffee and hot chocolates are great too!). Chata is one of the only places I would recommend in the town centre, well worth a visit, you will not be disappointed.

3  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We were recommended by a friend to come here and are so glad we did!

The guy who served us (I think was the manager) was lovely. He was very friendly and helpful.

The pierogi were delicious - we shared a mixed pierogi starter between us so we all had a few different ones each.

The main meal portions are very big and the quality of food is perfect. The pork shank was very nice, as was the chicken with cheese and mushrooms, served with rosemary roast potatoes.

I would definitely recommend it here and look forward to our next visit!

2  Thank chloe w
Reviewed 18 January 2018

This is a small cosy restaurant serving hearty rustic Polish food. There are loads of choices that look tasty and it is hard to pick off the menu. The service is fabulous, the owner has got the balance between friendliness and professionalism just right. The food we had was very tasty - this isn't gourmet food, it is traditional Polish cuisine - tasty, filling and rustic and it really hits the spot. The manager was particularly good with my young girls and I would not hesitate taking young children to this restaurant. We shall definitely return.

2  Thank Doofler
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Me and my partner went there last night had a lovely meal served by a great host. I will be going back to try the other items on the menu as it all looked good.

2  Thank James459