“Terrific Trip”

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
London, United Kingdom
“Terrific Trip”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Myself & family stayed at this resort for 3 days and it was great! It took 1 hour to get there from London.

We arrived on Saturday, the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The lobby was grand and looked magnificent! The furniture was comfy & vibrant.

Once our rooms were provided we headed off to our rooms to unpack. The room was clean and spotless just like all Park Inns which I have stayed at. There was a tv, 2 beds (as requested), an ironing board, safe, coffee & tea maker, 1 seater sofa, a large mirror. Shower, toilet, sink, soap & plenty of towels. However the tv is quite complicated to use & there's not a lot of good channels or things to watch.

Also a thanks to Charlie who was a great help.

We had lunch in the moon under the water (close to the hotel.) I ordered chicken strips & chips! Next to the diner was a market, (its open till 5.) It sells all sorts of stuff like: Sweets, flowers, ice-cream, dvds, clothes, cd's, there's a mini merry-go-round for kids, jewellery and there's a food truck.

We went to the pool straight after. The water was very cold & wasn't relaxing at all. It was the type of temperature which you can't get use too. What really shocked me was how the lady in the gym said it was 28 degrees, not true! The jacuzzi was out of order, I didn't try the steam room or sauna.
There was a baby pool which lead to the main pool too. However the water was still cold in there!
Children are only allowed in the pool from 8am - 6;30pm. Unless they're 15 or over which qualifies them as an adult & can stay till 8pm. Reason is 7 to 8 is adult time ONLY.

At dinner we dined in the restaurant in the hotel. We had a deal where we had an allowance of £18 to spend on the menu. We had to wait for our food for about 40 minutes, no lies. Briefly from the menu I remember: calamari, Caesar salad, Thai green curry, rib steak, fish & chips, chicken burgers, pizza, sea bas, carbonara & pesto pasta. Dessert wise; Sticky toffee pudding, warm chocolate cake, Ben & jerry ice - cream & creme brulee. I ordered Caesar salad (which had a lot of salad but not enough croutons or dressing) & 4-way-cheese pizza (which was tasty & filling).

Had a good night sleep in my comfy bed.

For breakfast there was: cereal, sausages, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast, scrambled eggs, fruit, yoghurt, muffins, pastries, bread rolls, jams, butter & you can order poached eggs.

Drayton Manor is an hour away - I went there
Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right have a nice view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed here for one night and was quite surprised that I enjoyed my stay – for some reason I went with the pre-conceived idea that this wouldn’t be a good hotel.
The hotel appears to be stuck out on a limb but this wasn’t a problem because I didn’t have a need to leave the hotel, having arrived by car and eating in the restaurant. My check in was a bit eventful as they had not received my confirmation but it was dealt with in a friendly and helpful way. There is a large car park on site and I was informed that they charged £5 per night but they didn’t charge me for my stay.
I had a double room on the 7th floor which was an adequate size, but not huge. The bathroom was quite small but not as small as some that I’ve had in other hotels. I suppose the main selling point for this hotel, for me, is the food. I had an evening meal and breakfast and the quality and the breakfast selection was superb.
I would, therefore, recommend this hotel as it appears clean, has friendly staff and the food is superb.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Paisley
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I got this on an EBay deal and Wow was it worth the money.

From booking to leaving the staff and team work was Outstanding. BARR ONE thing that really annoyed me.At the end of the corridors people had left there leftover items mostly food which took over 12 hours to remove beside the lifts.Now we seen housekeeping staff walk pass etc and ignore it.The worst was the pizza . disgusting.

That is the only negative because the petite girl with the glasses was exceptional an assit to any buisness who really went out her way to make sure we got our dinner etc due to traffic hold ups.I seen and witnessed awesome service from her to other guests. Im only sorry I dont have names.The staff on Friday Night in the bar area were also brilliant and a special mention to the girl who served us and really took time to have a little chat anf help us relax after a very stressful journey, and the steak and pasta we had was delicious. Also need to mention the breakfast service and staff just Brilliant.
The room and all public areas were spotless.

Apart from the one thing this hotel was a must stay and I would most definetly stay again. If any buisness in hospitality wants to learn service then this is the place to learn from.Thank You for giving us a great ending to our holiday:-)

• Stayed May 2013
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed here for one night to visit a local business. The room was on a par with other hotels I've been to, nothing really stood out above.
On the website it advertises movie channels in the room, this only reaches as far as Film4, so I would suggest going to the cinema over the road.
Restaurant was quite expensive, I paid £42+ for a three course meal with a coffee and a Coke. Coke was £3.65, and my £4.95 cheesecake was disappointingly small.
Breakfast was a good spread, continental, full English, cereal etc, although the dining room was very busy with a lot of single travellers, and after about 20 minutes I started to get the feeling it was time to vacate.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Norwich, Norfolk
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This was a bit of a disappointment. I sue the Radisson group a lot as a Club Carlson member, and this would be my worst experience. I'd asked for a quiet room when booking, reception knew nothing about the request and frankly wasn't interested, gave me a room on a low floor right over the main entrance, which wasn't quiet. The restaurant was closed. "It's Sunday" said the reception in a "What do you expect?" tone of voice. The Spa was also closed. Come on folks, the Park Inn brand can do so much better (e.g., Peterborough!).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We were welcomed on our arrival by very pleasant reception staff. The added bonus was an early check in. The room we were allocated was very disappointing. It was one of the few that have not yet been refurbished. We went back to reception and said that we were not happy with the quality of the room and its facilities.

The staff were very helpful and managed to find an alternative room. There was no hesitation in finding a new room. This room was not renovated but was in an acceptable condition. It was disappointing after staying a the park inn at Cardiff. However the staff here were very accommodating and made up for our initial disappointment . We hope that all rooms will soon be refurbished as this hotel is in a good location in the centre of the city. We booked a room for a night to break up our travels on a narrowboat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated , they Are much smarter
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Arrived last December for a two night weekend relaxing stay. The spa section was closed, which was a big disappointment to us. The building works which should have finished in the foyer, hadn't, which was a minor irritation. The electrics in our room failed on the Saturday evening and we had to move rooms. Nevertheless the staff coped admirably with this so can't grumble too much. We ate in the restaurant and we were impressed with the food and service, along with a very drinkable bottle of free wine (re the spa situation). All in all a reasonable stay with some issues. We were quite impressed with Northampton as a place too.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple