Myself & family stayed at this resort for 3 days and it was great! It took 1 hour to get there from London.
We arrived on Saturday, the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The lobby was grand and looked magnificent! The furniture was comfy & vibrant.
Once our rooms were provided we headed off to our rooms to unpack. The room was clean and spotless just like all Park Inns which I have stayed at. There was a tv, 2 beds (as requested), an ironing board, safe, coffee & tea maker, 1 seater sofa, a large mirror. Shower, toilet, sink, soap & plenty of towels. However the tv is quite complicated to use & there's not a lot of good channels or things to watch.
Also a thanks to Charlie who was a great help.
We had lunch in the moon under the water (close to the hotel.) I ordered chicken strips & chips! Next to the diner was a market, (its open till 5.) It sells all sorts of stuff like: Sweets, flowers, ice-cream, dvds, clothes, cd's, there's a mini merry-go-round for kids, jewellery and there's a food truck.
We went to the pool straight after. The water was very cold & wasn't relaxing at all. It was the type of temperature which you can't get use too. What really shocked me was how the lady in the gym said it was 28 degrees, not true! The jacuzzi was out of order, I didn't try the steam room or sauna.
There was a baby pool which lead to the main pool too. However the water was still cold in there!
Children are only allowed in the pool from 8am - 6;30pm. Unless they're 15 or over which qualifies them as an adult & can stay till 8pm. Reason is 7 to 8 is adult time ONLY.
At dinner we dined in the restaurant in the hotel. We had a deal where we had an allowance of £18 to spend on the menu. We had to wait for our food for about 40 minutes, no lies. Briefly from the menu I remember: calamari, Caesar salad, Thai green curry, rib steak, fish & chips, chicken burgers, pizza, sea bas, carbonara & pesto pasta. Dessert wise; Sticky toffee pudding, warm chocolate cake, Ben & jerry ice - cream & creme brulee. I ordered Caesar salad (which had a lot of salad but not enough croutons or dressing) & 4-way-cheese pizza (which was tasty & filling).
Had a good night sleep in my comfy bed.
For breakfast there was: cereal, sausages, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast, scrambled eggs, fruit, yoghurt, muffins, pastries, bread rolls, jams, butter & you can order poached eggs.
Drayton Manor is an hour away - I went there
Overall a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently refurbished with a £1 million investment, the town's only full-service hotel offers discerning travellers a sumptuous hotel experience. Located 200 metres from the town centre and less than 1 kilometre from public transport, this hotel offers unmatched convenience to all the popular sites of Northampton. All 146 of our modernly-furnished rooms include conveniences like coffee provisions and flat-screen LCD televisions. Renovations in our Buckingham Suite and 32 Superior bedrooms offer immaculate, like-new accommodation. The casual atmosphere of RBG Bar & Grill invites guests to enjoy a delicious meal of grilled favourites like steaks and burgers. As part of our full-service offerings, hotel guests enjoy complimentary access to Pace Health Club where they can use amenities like the lap pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Our Northampton hotel also offers 12 chic meeting spaces suitable for any type of gathering with capacities of 6 to 600 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Rezidor, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Northampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Northampton Hotel Northampton
- Northampton Park Inn
- Park Inn Northampton
- Park Inn By Radisson Northampton Northamptonshire