“Don't bother looking for anywhere else!”

Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
“Don't bother looking for anywhere else!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Great location: town centre, car park, and walkable from the railway station.
Staff friendly, helpful and literate in English!
Rooms are spacious and fit for purpose, having all the basic expectations of life in 2013 such as:
- desk large enough to work at and properly lit
- an LCD TV with all the standard Freeview channels
- where two pushes on the remote take you to the desired channel - no irritating hotel menus to navigate
- free WiFi
- sufficient power sockets
- fully controllable heating
- properly maintained and cleaned bath/shower room
- a bath with conventional fast flow taps - so if you are going to waste a bath full of hot water, at least you can do it quickly!

Range & quality of food for breakfast was very good for this price hotel, and the service was excellent.
Dinning menu overpriced, food uninspiring, and atmosphere cheerless rather than cosy.
The good news is there are places to eat out in town that are miles cheaper and much better.

Stayed here three times recently. The good quality was consistent and all three rooms problem free.

Room Tip: If you ask there might be a choice of newer room with large walk-in shower, or older room with bath...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
PI_Northampton, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Steve

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback, I am pleased to hear that you are enjoying your stays in the hotel and are returning to us when you visit Northampton!

In regards to your comments about dining in the hotel, I would like to know how we can improve our offering to pursuade you to dine in the hotel again. We recently changed our menus and will continue to do so in the future and your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I hope we can discuss further on your next visit.

Kind regards

Jacqueline Struik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Finnish first
London
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was greeted by very friendly staff who did all they could and more to accommodate. I was there on business and there were other delgates from the same organisation who had already arrived. The reception staff did all they could to put us in contact so as not to spend our first evening by ourselves.
I was impressed by the menu, although a little on the pricey side, and by the waiting staff who again were very keen to help.
I used the gym every day I was there and was delighted that I pretty much had it to myself apart from one or two other people at any one time.
The room was clean and comfortable,(not the greatest view in the world but I wasnt there to gaze out the window), and the shower was lovely and spacious.when I aksed for extra shower gel this was duly brought within five minutes.
The only thing really that I could comment on negatively would be the television which didnt appear to be tuned in properly for BBC 1 or ITV. I personally like it on in the background in the morning but was no big deal.
All in all I'd thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013
PI_Northampton, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear Jessica

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor. Not only a 5 star rating, but also lovely comments about all elements of your stay and the team; very much appreciated!

We do have BBC programmed, should you have an issue on your next stay, please let us now immediately so we can resolve this for you.

Thank you for recommending us; we look forward to welcoming you back!

With kind regards,

Manchester, England
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Location is great (if you can say such a thing about Northampton)... Five mins walk from station and two mins from main market square and new bus station which is being built.
Hotel looks like a 70s concrete monstrosity which it is, but once inside it's spotlessly clean (and smells clean), and the staff are great.
Room 415, nice and comfy. Traffic noise with window open and aircon didn't work to cool the room though the heating bit worked fine. Nice bathroom with shower (no bath), the toiletries are a bit mean so bring your own. Tiniest bit of soap ever and tiny bottle of shower gel. A pump dispenser by sink and in shower would have been better.
Nice fresh room - my first time in a Park Inn, they don't do wardrobes, just a pole and hangers but it was fine. The breakfast was really good and civilized and the pool area and spa facilities were great. One tip - the lockers in the changing rooms don't lock unless you have your own padlock so take nothing of value down with you.
All in all it's a nice place to stop. More for the business traveller than anything else but I was happy there.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that your first stay in the Park Inn brand was a positive experience, we hope many more will follow!
Please also try Park Inn in other destinations, there are over 20 Park Inn hotels in the UK alone.

The aircon issue is rectified and in regards to the bathroom amenities, these are being reviewed and hopefully we will make a change early next year.

Thank you again for your constructive comments!

With kind regards

Jacqueline
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel as it was convenient for a work commitment. It was not cheap but it was clean and comfortable. The thing that really irritated me was that I had to pay £10 to park for 2 nights. I understand that given it's location people might be tempted to use the hotel car park as a convenient car park for shoppers, but really is it necessary to charge guests who are paying to stay at the hotel? I accept the cost is minimal but it was nevertheless an annoyance. Breakfast ok, accept that if you are a lone diner you get put in a corner/behind a pillar. The croissants were like cardboard and should not be attempted if you have weak teeth. On my first night I thought I would go into the bar for a glass of wine, but was unable to attract the attention of the bar person who was busy writing and then made a phone call, so I abandoned this and went to my room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. This gives us the opportunity to review the situation and correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. I shared your feedback with our breakfast team to ensure we are offering fresh food at all times to our guests.
In regards to the parking charges, we are right in the middle of the town centre, where charges apply throughout. We do offer a favorable rate to our hotel guests of £5 per night in stead of the regular £12.50 day charge. At this point we have chosen not to include the parking charges in our roomrates, to allow our guests the choice of using the facilities or making alternative arrangements, however we do take your comments on board when reviewing our pricing process in the future.

With kind regards,

Sidcup, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Comfortable and clean rooms, and rarely any noise from outside the room to disturb your rest. The room is a good size and double glazed ans aircon in the room allows you to regulate the temerature. Breakfast is bog standard fayre and you have to ask if you want any form of egg other than scrambled, However the staff are efficient and obliging, so it is not a problem.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you Barry, for taking the time to give us your feedback of your stay with us.

We are really pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Kind regards from the Park Inn by Radisson Northampton Team
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Northampton gets quite busy and runs short of accommodation - there is usually space here, due to its size. I have stayed several times, and arrived very late, or left very early. The staff have always coped admirably with my funny hours. The hotel is clean and smart, and "international" in its performance. I've never considered any other hotel in Northampton. The breakfasts are good and start quite early; the beds are large and comfortable; the bathrooms in very good condition.

Room Tip: I suspect they are all of equal quality - the higher the better for noise reduction, but there is no...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul T
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear Paul,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience and providing us with a good rating on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the team members meet your expectation. We look forward to welcome you soon!
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Helpful and friendly staff from the minute we stepped in this large and spacious hotel. Rooms clean and functional. Although personally I did feel like I was in a children's nursery with the decor etc. Great shower and good quality towels.
Excellent choice for breakfast, with nothing being too much trouble for the staff.
Good value for money and I would definitely use again if I was in this area.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Susan,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and based on your feedback we are looking to change the decor in near future. We look forward to welcome you soon!