“Some serious issues”

Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

On a positive note the staff at check in were friendly and efficient. But....... The room was tired and shabby with scuffed paintwork. Only soap in bathroom where other hotels offer range of toiletries. Towels had seen better days. Corridors have a motel feel to them. Room service was awful. A baked potato was brick hard and a side salad was minuscule. This together with a glass of wine cost £27..
Breakfast was ok but overall this hotel lacks any luxury touches.

• Stayed: November 2013
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to hotel management so they may address this situation with Food and Beverage and Kitchen Team to ensure that outstanding service and presentation is delivered. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. If you would like to discuss your concern further, please call us directly and ask for myself Joe Dias (Operations Manager).

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Have not stayed with many Park Inns in my past but this was a great experience. Stayed for a business purpose. This Hotel is right in the heart of Northampton Town. Easy access to local pubs, shops restaurants etc. I had a nice clean room probably on a higher floor with a nice view of the town at night. The service was exceptional and the best I received. As i checked in late after my business meet i wanted to relax probably in order to gather myself for the next day. I was well greeted by the Night manager Mr Clayton. As i was in a hurry I forgot my i phone on the reception desk while authorizing my card and by the time I realized I didn't had my phone with a scary feeling I was about to call the reception and before i could even make a call I had someone knocking on my door. Relief! It was the Night Manager with my phone and i was much pleased. I than ordered some room service which was quickly served though the pizza was average. Cant complain at half twelve.
Checked out early and probably had a good night sleep until my alarm went off..
Well done Park Inn !!!

Room Tip: Higher Floor can give a good view as I Assume

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read your positive comments ofthe Hotel and the Team. We look forward to your next stay.

Best wishes,
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton Team

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Check in efficient. Hotel is very central. Object to paying £5 for parking. WiFi connection was good. Room a good size, clean and functional, although it was very cold when I first arrived and took quite a while to warm up. Bed was comfortable but poor quality pillows. Reasonable desk/dressing table size. Decent bathroom with a large shower cubicle. £7 for a cheese sandwich in the bar which I know is what you expect in this sort of hotel but is expensive for what it is as was the breakfast at £14 so didn't have breakfast. I got the room at a reasonable price on offer through booking.com . At full price I would have thought it too pricey. Not sure about the sound proofing but maybe they were just a very vocal couple in the room above me!

So it's a standard reasonable chain hotel which does the job but expensive for anything additional to the room price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, pleased to hear that you have some positive experience with your recent stay, however I do apologize for concerns over the price for food offering. We do take your comments on board and these are shared with the team to offer better value in near future. On your next visit please ask the receptionist about our loyalty programme which enables you to discounts for food and beverage across all the Park Inn and Radisson hotels. Look forward to welcoming you soon!

Kind Regards,
Joe Dias
Operations Manager

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, about 2 minute walk to Northampton town centre. Staff very friendly, room spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast very good, lots of choice. We didn't make use of the gym, pool etc but they seemed quite busy.
Would recommend and definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
PI_Northampton, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your great feedback, very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in Park Inn Northampton soon!

Warm wishes from the entire team

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I booked a massage and manicure for me and my friend from groupon. When we arrived we couldn't find Beaty with inn the staff at the reception desk were very helpful they showed us where to go. We were a bit early so we sat in the bar area, the bar staff came over and offered us a drink and were very friendly. The treatments we had were lovely and very relaxing. The atmosphere was very soothing. I absolutely loved my experience and treatments and would defiantly go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sara

Great to hear you enjoyed the Hotel & Beauty facilities and had a relaxing time with us.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Kindest regards from Beauty WithInn and Park Inn by Radisson Northampton

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I'll start with the good out of fairness - the bed was very comfortable, breakfast was fine and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is good and the parking more than adequate.

On the downside the WIFI signal was too poor to connect, the dinner I had was well over cooked and barely edible (the chips were good though). The hotel is close to the train station so it can be quite noisy.

The set up in the leisure facilities were far from ideal as well, I went for a swim but had to exit the changing room, walk up the stairs through the gym before finding a small and packed pool.

1  Thank Dave P

Dear Dave,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your kind comments about the hotel facilities and our team. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced using the internet, please contact reception on your next stay to look into this matter for you, we offer free WiFi access throughout the hotel to all guests and the connection should be uninterrupted.

Furthermore I regret to learn that your dining experience did not meet your expectations, I thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback which is shared with the team and will help us to make improvements for the future.

I truly hope that the positives during your stay will convince you to stay with us again and that we will get the opportunity to show you that we will be able to meet and exceed your expectations.

With kind regards,

Jacqueline Struik

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here on business, Check in was swift and good, gave me all the information I needed for my stay and staff were very welcoming and friendly.
Room excellent, good size, confortable beds, shower excellent. Very clean. Only thing I would say is it was a little warm in temperature, but that was easily rectified by opening a window. Right in the centre of Northampton easy walking distance to nice places to eat and parking on site.

Breakfast highly recommend great choice of food and the service was outstanding.

I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Just been refurbished to a very good standard, lovely showers.

Dear Taz

A big thank you from the Park Inn by Radisson Northampton Team, not only for a fabulous 5 star rating but also for recommending us to other Tripadvisor users.

Looking forward to welcome you again!