“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I arrived at the hotel at 8.30 am after traveling through the night and all I wanted was my bed. The hotel had been very busy the night before and I wasn't hopeful.....The staff went out of their way to accommodate me and I had my room within an hour (Natalie, Claire & I think the housekeeping manager or Duty Manager, not too sure). While I was waiting I noticed they were just as obliging to the other customers that had arrived. Great customer service.....

The room was nice if not a little compact but absolutely fine.

Bar and food were all great and service was great here too.

The hotel is quite central to the town center, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 214 had a view to the front and the sun came through the windows.......
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback not only for a fabulous 5 star but also for recommending us on to other Trip advisor users.

Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 night weekend brake as we had parties in Northampton and 2 nights in a row returning to our room and trying to order room service first night ordered champagne an hour later got a call we have no champagne but we do have red wine so ordered red wine but you must pay for it now ok that was fine he then said he would ring back to take payment half an hour later called back told him to forget it. Next night tried to order a bottle of red wine and was told we are not licenced to sell alcohol after 2am, being in the trade hotels are licenced 24 hours a day and one of this size to offer this very poor service to me does not meet its rated standard we will not return not what you expect from a world wide hotel chain of this size!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your feedback regarding the Room Service. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to hotel management so they may address this situation with Food and Beverage Team to ensure that outstanding service and presentation is delivered.

nottingham
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for two nights on a special deal we asked for a quiet room and they put us on the 4th floor on the side of the hotel which is next to the main road which was quite noisy i think the other side of the hotel may be quieter. The room was clean and tidy and the room was one that had been refurbished. It only has a large walk in shower, but was very nice and water was very hot. The bed was comfy. The staff said that the un-refurbished rooms still have a bath. We had an evening meal in the restaurant the first night which was the worst meal i have ever eaten both me and my girlfriend ate very little we were the only ones in the restaurant, i can see why now.
However the food in the morning for breakfast was completely different it was very good with a wide selection of fruits, continental, cereals and hot food they will also do vegetarian sausages if you ask at no extra charge however they did seem to be deep fried and not baked or grilled. The staff were friendly and efficient, and parking is on site for £5 per night. The only thing that let down the stay was the evening meal, which was expensive and didn't taste very nice. Other than that the deal was good value for money. I would recommend the refurbished rooms and breakfast, but not the evening meal.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the major road, this is very noisy.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elephanttraveler
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your feedback regarding the evening meal in the RBG Restaurant. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to hotel management so they may address this situation with Head Chef to ensure that outstanding service and presentation is delivered.

Abergavenny, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a single traveller. The decision influenced by the presence of a gym & town centre location.

On arrival check in was slick with patient, helpful staff. Don't worry about the parking, plenty & free for guests.
I was informed that the gym was out of use due to routine maintenance, great! Would have been nice if this had been on their website.
I went out for dinner so cannot comment on meals.
On returning to the hotel I called down from my room to organise a morning alarm call, my mobile phone battery had gone flat, after ringing for several minutes & attempts eventually answered. My request, the man said, was logged and my alarm would be done.
Next morning I awoke before the time of the alarm, a good job too as no alarm call ever came. Never mind, into the shower.....No, due to unforseen work there was no hot water. I did my best in freezing cold water.
I arrived for breakfast, was shown to a table & then promptly ignored for the duration of my breakfast, until right at the end as I hot up to leave a wairess asked whether everything was ok. I explained that it would have been nice if someone had asked if I wanted a hot drink! She apologised.
So the first morning I left the hotel for my working day, unshaven, feeling a little unclean, annoyed at no alarm call & feeling like the invisible guest.

Returned to the hotel on day 2, bliss hot shower!

Went out for dinner in the evening, on returning found that an organisation was having a bit of a do at the hotel. From my room, 5th floor, noise from below could easily be heard, but not enough to stop me sleeping.

Next morning breakfast was as before, however this time, about halfway through breakfast I was asked whether everything was ok. So at least I got a jug of coffee this time.

I explained my issues at checkout & received the automated "OH, SORRY ABOUT THAT" Well that isn't good enough.

Summing up

PROS
Location
Cleanliness

CONS
Ignored
No hot water (partially on my visit)
No gym (partially on my visit)

A bit hit & miss

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Lala,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. The gym was shut as we needed to carry out some emergency remedial works in the gym which did not leave us enough of time to update all the information sites.
It is quiet unfortunate that we had a power failure influenced by the works carried out in the area which led to a series of issues with Hot water may I assure you that this was our priority on the day to get this resolved at the earliest.
Once again I would like to apologise for all the inconvenience caused during your stay and would hope to welcome you back at the hotel to witness the changes based on your feedback.

edinburgh
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

On a positive note the staff at check in were friendly and efficient. But....... The room was tired and shabby with scuffed paintwork. Only soap in bathroom where other hotels offer range of toiletries. Towels had seen better days. Corridors have a motel feel to them. Room service was awful. A baked potato was brick hard and a side salad was minuscule. This together with a glass of wine cost £27..
Breakfast was ok but overall this hotel lacks any luxury touches.

• Stayed November 2013
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have passed on your comments and concerns to hotel management so they may address this situation with Food and Beverage and Kitchen Team to ensure that outstanding service and presentation is delivered. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. If you would like to discuss your concern further, please call us directly and ask for myself Joe Dias (Operations Manager).
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Have not stayed with many Park Inns in my past but this was a great experience. Stayed for a business purpose. This Hotel is right in the heart of Northampton Town. Easy access to local pubs, shops restaurants etc. I had a nice clean room probably on a higher floor with a nice view of the town at night. The service was exceptional and the best I received. As i checked in late after my business meet i wanted to relax probably in order to gather myself for the next day. I was well greeted by the Night manager Mr Clayton. As i was in a hurry I forgot my i phone on the reception desk while authorizing my card and by the time I realized I didn't had my phone with a scary feeling I was about to call the reception and before i could even make a call I had someone knocking on my door. Relief! It was the Night Manager with my phone and i was much pleased. I than ordered some room service which was quickly served though the pizza was average. Cant complain at half twelve.
Checked out early and probably had a good night sleep until my alarm went off..
Well done Park Inn !!!

Room Tip: Higher Floor can give a good view as I Assume
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read your positive comments ofthe Hotel and the Team. We look forward to your next stay.

Best wishes,
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton Team
Kirton in Lindsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Check in efficient. Hotel is very central. Object to paying £5 for parking. WiFi connection was good. Room a good size, clean and functional, although it was very cold when I first arrived and took quite a while to warm up. Bed was comfortable but poor quality pillows. Reasonable desk/dressing table size. Decent bathroom with a large shower cubicle. £7 for a cheese sandwich in the bar which I know is what you expect in this sort of hotel but is expensive for what it is as was the breakfast at £14 so didn't have breakfast. I got the room at a reasonable price on offer through booking.com . At full price I would have thought it too pricey. Not sure about the sound proofing but maybe they were just a very vocal couple in the room above me!

So it's a standard reasonable chain hotel which does the job but expensive for anything additional to the room price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, pleased to hear that you have some positive experience with your recent stay, however I do apologize for concerns over the price for food offering. We do take your comments on board and these are shared with the team to offer better value in near future. On your next visit please ask the receptionist about our loyalty programme which enables you to discounts for food and beverage across all the Park Inn and Radisson hotels. Look forward to welcoming you soon!