“Nice overnight stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Nice overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after going to Northampton Saints rugby. As I work in the events industry I managed to get an excellent agency rate which even I couldn't believe!

We arrived very early as we had to be at the rugby hospitality by 11am, not really expecting to be able to check-in but thankfully they had a room available for us straight away. We had a King room which was very spacious and clean.

We were back in the hotel early evening and had dinner in their restaurant. Although it was very quiet for a Saturday night the meal and service was great. My husbands steak was cooked to perfection!

We booked our breakfast for £10 per person on check-in and it was definitely worth the price! They had so much choice! I'm not very keen on hotel breakfasts as I've had so many over my career but this was probably one of the best.

Overall we had a nice over night stay here and I would recommend this hotel to friends, family and colleagues.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Youngatheart73
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Youngatheart73,

Thank you for your review and the team and I are so pleased to hear you had a “Nice overnight stay” after the Saints game.
I am also pleased to learn that your evening meal and service was great complemented by one of the best breakfast you have had in your career.

Once again I would like to thank you for recommending this hotel to friends, family and colleagues and we look forward to welcoming you soon!

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Having stayed at Northampton's Travelodge and Ibis several times, being a frequent visitor to Northampton, this hotel was by far the best in every aspect. Very pleasant, friendly, helpful staff and lovely room, excellent pool and outside area by a small park, very central position and free wifi. Breakfast very good quality with 'real fruit' but expensive and no veggie sausages.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear A6257WGjennifers,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, I delighted to read that you found this hotel far better in every aspect. I have shared your feedback with all of the team and not forgetting the breakfast team we do offer vegetarian sausage which is cooked to order, the next time you are here this can be readily made available to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped overnight here & couldn't fault the hotel,
The rooms were very clean & tidy, beds extremely comfy!
2 minutes away from the train station but didn't hear any trains overnight.
Good location, carpark costs £5 for 24hrs
Staff were very friendly & helpful.
There is a very good Chinese restaurant a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.
Plenty of bars & pubs for somewhere to drink

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Bazza675476,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel and I’m so pleased that you had an enjoyable experience here with us. I will surely share this information with my team as such positive comments helps staff motivation and encourages them to carry on with the job so well done.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here 01/03/14 for our wedding anniversary break for the weekend, at first the hotel contacted us months after booking to say there was a problem with the booking system and we may have to be accomodated at another hotel for one night of the weekend. I was not very happy about this but spoke with Mr Joaquim Dias (ops manager) he finally sorted the situation out and we stayed at the hotel for both of the nights we had booked. Upon arrival the hotel looked clean and tidy from outside and inside, the receptionist was polite and welcoming, we got booked in quickly and efficiently. when we arrived at our room on the 5th floor room 507 it was nice and quiet, we had a nice surprise of an anniversary card and thorntons chocolate in our room congratulating us on our anniversary, which we were very pleased with and thought Mr Dias had made an effort and thoughtful for our stay. Our room was very nicely decorated and spacious, the bathroom was really spotless, clean and well decked out with modern sink, shower and toilet, it was very nicely finished (one thing I did notice which needs attending to is there was nothing inside the shower cubicle to put my washing sponge or shower gel, shampoo etc I needed to get in and out of the shower to get my things to have a shower, it could do with a small shelf added within the cubicle to put things on whilst showering). The bed was very comfy and large enough for a good nights stretching out, the pillows were so comfy, I checked out the make of them and I am persuing buying a pillow from the suppliers mitre linen, I work away 3 times a week and have to usually take my own pillow with me and I have recently been purchasing pillows to get a good one and not been able to find a good pillow but now I know which ones to try and purchase for a comfy sleep, which is essential. After we settled in the room we made a reservation in the RBG grill in the evening, this was very nicely decorated, very clean and modern, we did get dinner on the first evening and breakfast for 2 mornings with the voucher we purchased for the hotel, we ordered the sirloin steak with chips and salad (£18.95) I thought this was a little pricey as we had up to £17.95 per person allocated for the evening dinner on the voucher. Most of the food on the menu was in my opinion a little over priced and may be giving the peppercorn sauce (costing £1.50 extra) for free with the steak dishes would be a good idea. Anyway besides the price, the food was fabulous and good quality, the steak melted in the mouth as it should and the chips were very crispy, excellent and lovely food. The waitress Alison was attentative and helpful, all in all the evening dinner experience was very nice and relaxing in a nicely decorated dining room. After dinner I made a trip to the toilet, wow I got a pleasant surprise there, it smelled amazingly nice, it was absolutely spotlessly clean and gleaming, I do like to see toilets in any establishment clean because this tells me that the kitchen will be even cleaner. I thought the toilets were so clean and fresh that i asked my wife about the ladies she visited and she said the exact same thing, so fresh and clean and smelled beautiful, a big well done to the cleaning staff, thank you for these toilets being A class, keep it up. Now to the morning, we had a good sleep, it was quiet and no noisy guests or people walking up and down the corridors, we arrived at breakfast and was greeted with a smile and seated very quickly, the breakfast on offer was fantatsic, I have had some good breakfasts in hotels all over the country and I have rated the de vere chain breakfasts for some of the best but honestly to the park inn radisson at northampton I raise my hat and give you a 10 out of 10 for our breakfast it was brilliant, good choice of fruit, youghurt, cereals, pastries, continental and european breakfasts, plenty of choices of fruit juice, cofee, chocolate, teas and anything you can think of drink wise. The lay out of the breakfast area was very clean, tidy and well organised, the waitresses were buzzing about refilling, replenishing food and drinks, such a good sight to see at an hotel breakfast. I have stayed in some hotels where you do not see anyone for 15 or 20 minutes at breakfast but there were no shortage of servers here. I liked the idea of having to order fried eggs freshly so that your yolk would not be dried up with keeping warm under heaters, my egges were great and dippy, the cooked breakfast had the usual choice of english breakfast which was very nice and not too much grease and oil. The pastries were very fresh and good quality, my wife loved the organic yoghurts by yeo valley and now she is going to be buying these from now on, fresh fruit was good quality and plenty. The breakfast is the most important time on any of our stays at hotels always and the park Inn could not have given us a more perfect and better breakfast than what we wanted, thank you for the efficient and wonderful service of this marvelous breakfast, keep this up all staff and you will get many more reviews being positive and if you do not get a positive review for the breakfast then I would say the people are lying and enjoy moaning for nothing. I could not wait for the breakfast on the second morning it was that good. the rest of the hotel which we saw, the bar and corridors etc were very nicely decorated, modern and good colours, very very clean and appealing to the eye, all in all this hotel is much better than a lot of 4 star hotels I have stayed at and they deserve a better grade of hotel, I do not know what it was like before recent refurbishments but from what i saw when we stayed, the hotel has a lot going for it. In the afternoon on our day of anniversary we had a bottle of wine sent to our room as a gift from the hotel which was very nice gesture and much appreciated by my wife and I. I would like to mention Mr Dias in all this and personally, you have a great hotel in the park inn radisson and we spoke before I visited over an issue of over booking, which Mr dias rectified this very quickly for us, I did say I would be giving an honest and persoanl review of the hotel and service we receive from start to finish and I would like to say this right now in this reveiw, thank you Mr Dias for a lovely hotel break and a spotlessly clean and well maintained hotel with a lovely room and great staff. Our stay was flawless and we really enjoyed the whole experience and we truly hope that other Radisson hotels are on a matching par to the one you are managing because if they are as good as yours we will not be hesitating in booking another stay in a Radisson hotel, fantatsic and so so pleased with this hotel that anyone reading these reviews this hotel is A1. Thanks Darren & Karen from Manchester.

Room Tip: I know the room we stayed in was 507 on the 5th floor and it was really nice and modern, great bed t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Darren,

How lovely to read that the stay you had with us was flawless and enjoyed the whole experience whilst you were celebrating your wedding anniversary.
I have passed on your praise to all of the team, especially the breakfast chef and the service team along with special mention to Alison who look after you during your evening meal.
Once again I would like to thank you for giving us an opportunity for making things right whilst we had some minor problem with your booking, I am pleased to learn that we have been successful to make your wedding anniversary a special one.
You could not have explained the hotel and service any better this certainly makes me and my team feel proud and motivated for the work so well done and wish to carry on the same with our other residents and guests.

Thank you for your wonderful and kind works, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have just experienced the most wonderful mini facial and back massage, booked through a pamper package at the Park Inn Northampton. Lovely ladies, a great atmosphere, nothing too much trouble. We shall return.... Soon.
Hotel all fabulous and in a great location for city centre.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Manfini,

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback and review “Beauty With Inn - Amazing!!!” we really appreciate the detail and praise that you have kindly written. I will surely pass on your feedback to the team and look forward to welcoming you soon!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

My collegue & I stayed here for a conference and found that the hotel was very clean and the room comfy and quiet. The shower-room was modern and very clean. Room service and housekeeping were excellent and the staff polite and obliging. Unfortunately our stay was let down by the quality of the breakfasts. For 2 mornings the bacon and sausages were luke-warm and the tomatoes undercooked. The mushrooms were chewy and swimming in water. After a complaint on the second day the situation improved somewhat. The hotel grill had a very poor selection and we considered it overpriced, so for the next 2 nights we ate out. The hotel is handy for both the train and bus station and there is ample parking.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jane M
Dear Jane,

Thank you for your constructive review, naturally I was disappointed to read about the inconsistencies with breakfast. I have immediately asked that your comments be reviewed and actions put in place to prevent this from happening again for any future guest stays, please accept my apologies for this. I would like to assure you that this is not our usual standard or feedback.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the many good aspects of your stay.
I hope to welcome you soon when you are next in the area.

Operations Manager.
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Attended a Charity Ball at the hotel. As there were 430 guests my expectations for the food were not high - but how wrong I was!

Three three hot courses were served, hot. Well presented and tasty. The waiting staff mostly very young, well turned out and very professional.

Full marks to all concerned.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kule Dude,

I am delighted to read your comment “Catering at its Best” thank you so much for your review I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your evening which was enhanced by a good meal and professional staff.
I have shared this information with my team who will take pride in the job so well done!
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Operations Manger