“Great hotel, not so great cleaning :(”

Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Drammen, Norway
“Great hotel, not so great cleaning :(”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Arrived here late on friday and a friendly staff greeted us and told us all we needed to know. Close parking to entrance and the 5£ parking fees wasnt to bad either. Choose this hotel over a free parking but pay for wifi hotel, but a bit disapointed that there were only one wifi unit pr room. Wifi was good enough speed even for a free one.

Arrived at room which seemed nice and clean. Had little tray with tea, biscuit and coffee. The bed was nice and big. But the bathroom didnt look so good. The sink was okay enough, had a bit of stains here an there but the batthub looked awfull. It was cleaned, but there was stains and looked like it had been sprayed over only. So the batthub may need a real clean sometimes. I waited untill after cleaning on saturday in case it was just a mistake, but it was just as dirty then. It is clean, but it just looks dirty then! Tried taking a shower, but the water pressure in the 6th floor wasnt the best so it took ages to shower!

But except from that everything else was great! We ate at the resturant on friday. Boyfriend are hamburger and I took a pizza, best pizza I've ever eaten at a hotel. Burger was good as well.

On saturday we had steaks, they were delicious! Absolutly would recomment those! Had a wine as well which the server choose, it was a good one and I regret that I didnt write the name down!

Breakfast on sunday was good as well. Had a great selection on diffrent types of food, and for foreigners going to England, they even had what I like to call real bread, not those french toast breads!

Even ordered some mails to the hotel and at arrival of it, they called up and told me it was arrived, so great service!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
PI_Northampton, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Ann Christin

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review following your visit to Park Inn by Radisson Northampton. We really appreciate your feedback regarding the stay with us.

I’m disappointed to hear your bedroom experience did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that this is not our usual standard and I have passed on your comments and concerns to the Housekeeping Manager so that she can address this situation to ensure that the cleanliness of our bathrooms are always up to the company standards.

On a positive note I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your food whilst staying in the hotel and I will forward your comments on to the Food and Drink departments.

Please let me know if you will be staying again and I will personally ensure that your room is to our usual high standard and that you have a room with better water pressure.

In the meantime if you would like to discuss this any further please feel free to contact me on 01604 739988.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Finnish first
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here for three nights. The hotel was clean and comfortable. I ate in the hotel bar one night and the food was served promptly and hot by friendly staff. If I find myself in Noirthampton again I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Wilger

Thank you for taking the time to write the review regarding your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will also pass on your nice comments to the kitchen and the bar staff.

I look forward to seeing you back at the hotel in the near future.

Kettering
Reviewed 30 April 2014

we stayed here for a family occasion The reception staff were very pleasant and very helpful. The rooms were spotlessly clean, the breakfast was very good and a very nice touch was a card left in one room on our arrival for the birthday girl.

Room Tip: the rooms at the front of the hotel have a better view, the ones at the back overlook a multi storey...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
PI_Northampton, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Many thanks for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly be passing on your feedback to all departments.

I hope the ‘birthday girl’ enjoyed herself aswell.

Thank you once again and I hope to be welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

CO,TYRONE. NORHERN IRELAND
Reviewed 29 April 2014

having vistited and stayed in PARK INN, in Northampton in a party off 23 people for a family wedding,we found our stay very pleasant and comfortable. Park inn was very central to town for meeting with family who live in Northampton. Breakfast was excellant, with good variety and choice. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. It was nice to be able to stay in a hotel that was central to town, where one could walk, taxi, or use a bus service if required. facilities at hotel,gym, swimming pool, beauty room, ect were all there to use if needed. Our room was very quiet and restful. Having stayed in Park Inn on a few other occasions we feel it is an excellant choice to stay in, in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Anne

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It’s always nice to hear positive reviews on the hotel.

I am very pleased that you and your family enjoyed the stay. I will pass your comments on to all departments.

We are very lucky with the facilities that we have in the hotel and the surrounding area. It does make it an ideal location for all.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your feedback and I hope to see you back in the hotel soon.

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived to a dirty room so advised staff.
They quickly upgraded us. But if that was an upgrade??? Glad I didn't pay anymore....
Dirty towels also in 'upgraded' room.
Other than that a nice stay and adequate room.
And they have given us 50% off next visit.
Customer service fantastic!

Stayed April 2014
PI_Northampton, Front Office Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Dixxey,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the stay with us. We regret to hear your bedroom experience did not meet your expectations, may I assure you that this is not our usual standard and I have passed on your comments and concerns to the Housekeeping Manager so that she can address this situation to ensure that the cleanliness of our bedroom is in line with the company standards.
Please keep me posted about your next visit so that I can personally ensure that your room is to our usual high standard.
In the meantime if you would like to discuss any further please feel free to contact me on 01604 739988.

Devon
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed Easter weekend in Room 620. First night the bathroom tops and basin were not clean, second night spotless. My wife would not have a shower on the last day as the water pressure was so low she could not wash her hair, not a problem for me as I have no hair, receptionist told, but…….., £5 each overnight parking charge was a surprise and applied to each night. The staffs were well presented and attentive, however next time I’ll stick to a Premier Inn. We were disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
PI_Northampton, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Richard,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay; naturally I was very saddened to read that you found your stay disappointing.

I have spoken with our Housekeeping Manager and the Front of House team following your comments about cleanliness and water pressure, they have been maintained and rectified by the team.
I can assure the feedback is instant and our guests feedback is very high about the standard.
I do hope I have further covered your points in further details and in doing so this goes some way towards that we do take all feedback seriously and act upon it.
If you would like the opportunity to discuss your stay further, please contact me on 01604739988.

Kind Regards,
Joe Dias
Operations Manager
Billingham
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed for one night Friday 18th March, Got a very good rate including breakfast by booking direct with the hotel. Hotel is very modern, rooms a little bit small,bathroom very nice with rainfall shower. Not enough toiletries. Only one small thin soap and a tiny bottle of shampoo. Not enough for evening and morning shower. Bed was ok but pillows far too soft.
Parking was £5 per night this did not seem over the top. Rate included breakfast which was very good. Only had some fruit and toast but full range of self serve continental and english breakfast available. Service was excellent as are the check in staff. Booked in and out by a girl called Emma who was very friendly and chatty on both occasions. I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Andymc67,

Thank you for your kind comments “Nice clean hotel good location” following your recent stay at Park Inn by Radisson Northampton.

I so pleased to hear that the service was excellent and have passed on your lovely comments to all of our team in particular “Emma”
We are currently working on upgrading toiletries within the hotel bedrooms and this should be rolled out shortly.

Again, many thanks for taking the time to share your review- I hope to see you back soon!

Kind Regards,