“EXCELLENT MIDLAND RESORT”
Review of Hilton Northampton

Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed at the Hilton yesterday, for one night. Arrived at 18.00 was greeted by a wonderful receptionist. Room was immaculate, couldn't ask for more - just one downside, theyhad left a bottle of water in the room BUT it had a price tag of £3.95 - would have expected a complimentary bottle. Went to the bar, good attentive service - faultless. Went to the Restaurant for evening meal- excellent food at a very good price and wonderful service. Quick checkout service - very good. Hotel also has other facilities which I didn't use , but seeing other residents - you could see they were having a good time. Whether for business or a short relaxing break - the place to visit.Have stayed at several Hiltons before including Hilton at Time Square in NY - this is the best.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
hiltonguest, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Northampton following your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate all the guest feedback we receive as this enables us to view the hotel from a guest prospective.

We were extremely pleased to read your postive comments of the hotel especially of our staff and hope we can welcome you back to the Hilton Northampton in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I have just come back from a stay at the Hilton Northampton (not my first time). They have got to have some of the most friendly hotel staff around and I would like to say a huge well done to them. Hotel is very pleasant and I like the style of the rooms (but not the location of some of them; more on this later). I agree that beds are not as comfortable as I would have liked (a little hard). Food is good overall (a little shocked at being charged £9.20 for a large glass of red but perhaps it is my being out of touch with current hotel prices). I went for the curry option and it was good value and quite tasty. Breakfast was also what I would expect.
The spa and gym centre is perfectly adequate for the size of the hotel and I was able to have a relaxing swim before the day started.

Look out for the first floor bedrooms that open onto the dual carriage way though. A nightmare! I did not sleep a wink. I don't know if the hotel can do anything about this but avoid at all cost, if you can (rooms 260-270ish). I would definitely go back to the Hilton Northampton, as long as they could guarantee that my room will face the other way from the busy road!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Northampton following your recent stay with us. We appreciate all the guest feedback as this enables us to view the hotel from guests prospective.

I do understand that a peaceful night's sleep is what you came for and I'm sorry that you were disturbed due to the dual carriage way. I have passed your comments to the Maintenance Manager who is looking into improvement we can make to reduce this.

Once again thank you for your time and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Your sincerely

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Many stays here as just off the M1 and well out of London and on your way north. (Off the plane and one hour later at M1 junction 15 from a transatlantic day flight.)
Pros- location, location. Staff pleasant and helpful. Rooms clean and quite adequate -Hilton standard.
Cons-
Hilton standard hard bed! (No 'Heavenly Bed' here.)

The outrageous prices in the reception cafe. If you don't mind paying the equivalent of $7 for a regular coffee - where's a Dunkin D's when you need one!

The dinner in the restaurant was very edible but the experience is a tad surreal. It is served by a waiter with loud and embarrassing pomp and circumstance. Nearly laughed as he announced the arrival of my dish. The food is equally pretentious. From an ornate sculptured dish for the shrimp cocktail ( with minute diced avocado) onwards. The sea bass looked and tasted amazingly like talapia thin and firm - certainly not like any large thick flakes of sea bass I've had in my long life. Guess they grow different in the North Sea. Guys, turn down the volume of the Muzak and the waiter - and the bright lighting. Breakfast very different experience and well worth the price.Thanks. I always look forward to a leisurely breakfast here.

Cost of WiFi - I resent paying some $25 for a day of access. Time for an access code for folks staying there and not just hanging out in lobby doing business.

Overall a good stay I'll repeat again. Long list of cons is only because they have been an irritant for many years and don't seem to improve when clearly they could and they certainly should.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Northampton following your recent stay with us.

We very much appreciate all the guest feedback we receive as this enables us to view the hotel from a guest prospective. We do not wish any of our guests to leave less than satisfied and have taken on board all your comments.

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Very pleasant room, spacious and comfortable. Enjoyed the swimming pool and the general ambience of the rest of the hotel facilities. Breakfast was excellent as all the food appeared to have been very recently prepared and none of it looked 'tired'. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and the service everywhere was excellent.The hotel is also very conveniently situated.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and felt t he service was excellent. Your kind comments will be passed onto our team and sincerely hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Northampton in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I went in this hotel for the first time in 2003 and spent few nights each years until 2006. I went back there as my regular hotel in this area was fully booked. The room have been renovated but not the bathroom. Bed is comfortable and the rooms are large. Isolation between the rooms is poor you can ear your neighbour. The room from the road side can be very noisy due to the traffic. They should changed their windows. You also have to pay the parking, 5£ per day which was free of charge before. Price of the room still the same but you have more extra to pay. Restaurant in the Hotel was good

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Guest

I do understand that a peaceful night's sleep is what you came for and I'm sorry that you and your family were disturbed by the noise from the dual carridge way and from the adjoining room.

We do have a maintenance programme in place to improve the hotel, so will pass your comments about the windows and the walls in the bedrooms to the Maintenance Manager.

Once again thank you for your comments and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights attending a weekend conference. The room I had was large with a comfortable bed and a separate sitting area complete with sofa and desk. It would appear to have been quite recently refurbished. Everything was spotlessly clean. The reception staff were friendly and very helpful as were the restaurant staff who, unusually for a hotel of this type, all seemed to be native English and not East-European. The restaurant is buffet service with an excellent breakfast and standard hotel-fare lunch. Dinner was taken in the conference suite, the first night a self-service buffet and plated waitress service on the second. On the second night there was a choice of chicken or beef but with a strange immutable rule that each table of 10 had to be served with 5 plates of each!
There is a very large reception area lounge where coffees and snacks are served but at not insignificant cost. Free wi-fi is available in this lounge as an alternative to the £15 daily charge for wi-fi in the bedrooms. It is difficult to understand how such a charge can be justified in an hotel aimed principally at the business market. Similarly although free at weekends, a £5 charge is made for the car park - strange for a hotel in a rural setting. Although convenient for the motorway, not quite so if using public transport - about a £10 taxi fare to the railway station.
In summary, an above average example of this type of motorway-adjacent hotel with above average staffing.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on this website. Can I assure you we appreciate all the feedback we receive at the Hilton Northampton as this enables us to view the hotel from guests prospective and improve the services and products we offer where necessary.

It is great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and felt that your room was spotlessly clean. Your kind comments regarding the staff will be passed onto the relevant teams.

Thank you once again for your review and I sincerely hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Northampton in the near future.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Weekend special offer - £65 per night per room bed and breakfast. Great pool, sauna and jacuzzi, rooms are large as are the bathrooms. All clean and tidy. Staff really friendly and helpful. Breakfast is huge and offers everyone a good choice. Also they let me take dog.. Many thanks, Nigel Forster

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and felt that our staff were friendly and helpful. Your kind comments will be passed onto our team and sincerely hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Northampton in the near future.

Guest Relation Manager