Having stayed at more than 20 Hilton Hotels, I was very disappointed with this Hotel. The only thing going for it was the famous breakfast and that our room was clean and the leisure facilities spot on.
From booking they booked us in for 2 rooms instead of one! I called them and spoke to a very lovely lady called Jessica and she informed me of this. Had I not called ahead of our stay I would have been billed for 2 rooms! Luckily she sorted this out for us.
At check in I was disappointed again. My husband was informed that we had only booked bed and breakfast. I told the guy that we had booked with dinner. That took some time to sort out while we had two hungry and tired little boys to sort out too.
At dinner you have to "order" the meal. This was very disappointing as normal Hilton you just go and get food and the buffet gives you more choices. This would have been okay if we did not have to wait, and wait and wait for service between courses. Bearing in mind that all this was happening around after 9pm when the restaurant was quiet! A smile from the waiting staff would have been appreciated too.
During the night there was a large group of cricket players and we were placed on the 2nd floor (room 218) with no lifts by the way; we had people walking and talking till 3am! This interrupted our sleep and the children.
The icing on the cake came on Sunday when the bill came! The hotel had reserved 2 lots of money ie. £350 and £300, holding £650 plus the additional room fees of £280 from our bank account as deposit???? We asked them what was happening as we were checking out, they said the finance office was closed and the matter would be sorted out on Monday when it was opened. We phoned our bank and they confirmed that indeed £700 was reserved by Hilton group. This meant that we were unable to use that money for the shopping that we had planned. We left Northampton very disappointed. Luckily it was all sorted out on the Monday. What I don't understand is since when does the Hilton reserve £650 for a 2 night stay?????
To say I am disappointed with this hotel is an understatement. It should not be part of the Hilton Group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton Northampton hotel adjacent to Junction 15 of the M1 Motorway and only 20 minutes from Silverstone Formula 1 racing circuit. Enjoy the convenient location just ten minutes’ drive from Northampton town center and 20 minutes from Milton Keynes. Billing Aquadrome is 15 minutes’ drive away and London Luton Airport (LTN) is 40 minutes away. Keep fit in the fully equipped Livingwell Health Club or swim laps of the 18-meter indoor pool - the largest pool in Northamptonshire. Dine on international cuisine at the Hilton Northampton hotel's Seasons Restaurant. Relax with a pre-dinner drink in the Court Bar overlooking the central courtyard area and savor a morning coffee in Caffè Cino. All Hilton Northampton hotel accommodations have high-speed internet access. The hotel has 13 meeting rooms for 10-300, a business center and WiFi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Northampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Northampton Hotel Northampton
- Hilton International Northampton
- Northampton Hilton International
- Hilton Northampton Northamptonshire