“outstanding value”

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Brighton, United Kingdom
“outstanding value”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I had a 2 day stayover in Northampton a Friday & Saturday night, I picked this hotel for the price, the value for money is outstanding, the service is excellent, the staff very friendly & helpful, the breakfast will truly set you up for the day, a secure car park and nice comfortable room.
I have stayed at a number of hotels in Northampton and regardless of price (this being one of the cheapest)I found this to be one of the best if not the best in the town centre area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Grant P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
East Sussex
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed at the Langham for one night. We had a lovely welcome from Mary. Great for walking into town. We had a lovely Indian meal at La Zeez which is about a 5 minute walk away. Lovely food and it's bring your own wine etc! Very welcoming staff. Would definitely recommend this restaurant. It is also a takeaway. The next morning we had a lovely breakfast. Choice of cereals and full cooked. Would recommend this hotel. Couldn't believe the price £45 including breakfast. Thank you Mary and family .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I picked this hotel as it seemed to be the cheapest option for single occupancy offering an inclusive breakfast. It certainly exceeded my expectations for the price I paid: the room was more than adequate with a decent sized TV, tea making facitilites and even a small fridge. There was a good strong wi-fi signal and draught Guinness available in the pleasant bar. The FE breakfast was almost more than I could manage. Staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Probably not the place - or the town - for a romantic weekend but if you need an overnight stop it's hard to beat.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel mainly because of the price. The room was tired and quite small but it was clean and had everything you needed including plenty of storage for clothes, Tea/coffee in the room (and a lot of it). The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the biggest I have ever had anywhere (enough to keep you going all day). I would highly recommend staying here as for value for money, excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel on one Saturday night and I would like recommend this Hotel to anyone.It was very clean and tidy, fully furnished rooms with every facility you can think of in a Five Star hotel was there.When I compare with other hotels where I have stayed in the UK this is one of the best in this capacity. Ample safe parking available at the back and well worth for the price.I was surprised that Freshly cooked Full English Breakfast was included in the room price.We were welcomed so warmely by the Land Lady and given all the info required.Her sons who run this hotel were very friendly and helpful.If I ever go to Northampton, this will be the only hotel I will stay.

Room Tip: Room 12A was a quite a big room with new furniture and other facilities.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stayed at the Langham Hotel for two nights. I was in Northampton working at Northampton Hospital for the two days, I needed to be up early both days and as I had a full days work a head of me a good hearty breakfast was needed. The staff at the Langham were great and attentive. I knew the hotel had wi-fi but wasn't sure how to obtain the password, I was stood at reception for no longer than a minute before someone arrived to assist me.
The breakfast delivered was delicious, there was a choice of cooked breakfast or cereal, which suited me perfectly.
The room I stayed in was at the rear of the hotel, it was quiet, tidy and clean. I slept as I would in my own house and facilities were to a good standard.
As I had my car parking on site was perfect, there was always space.

If I was to go to Northampton again I would definitely stay here and I would most definitely recommend to everyone else!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We picked this hotel due to its handy location for the purpose of why we were in town. Parking is round the back in a courtyard (locked at night) accessed by a narrow track at the end of the block.
We were greeted by a chirpy lady called Mary - apparently the manager according to the blurb. She gave us our keys and informed us of dining/bar facilities (the latter of which we didn't avail ourselves of).
Our room was in what could be described as the 80's Block. A separate building at the rear adjoined by a corridor. I say '80's block' as it appears nothing has changed since it was last refurbished/built?. Our room was very compact - actually made smaller by over-sized furniture (which could have been new!), with a bathroom that was fraying at the edges - albeit clean. As was the room itself. That said, neither would have passed the 'Four in a Bed' test, as i idly ran my finger atop the wardrobe to find it thick with dust!
The old divan bed was the hardest i have ever slept in, and would have been given a run for its 'comfy' money by the floor itself!
There was a decent telly, tea-making stuff, ironing board and dryer. The walls were thin - you could clearly hear the old couple next door talking. But possibly they were a bit deaf so SPOKE LOUDER? That said, it was still a bit off-putting.
Our only dining experience was breakfast the following morn. The timing 8-9am was a bit much for a Sunday to my mind. My wife suggested it was to encourage folk to 'skip it' - saving the place money, and she may just be right? As who wants to get up for a 9am brekkie on a Sunday?
But, on receiving our 'full English', they certainly didnt skimp on things. It was a belter, perfectly non-greasy and edible. Excellent! The dining room was spacious, and in the main building, which was also a bit dated but appeared much better than our austere bedroom block. The English (how rare is that!) waiter was very efficient and courteous - he also doubled up as the 'receptionist' when we later checked out.
Would we stay here again - Im not sure? £60 for a poor nights sleep, BUT a belting breakfast, + location which was important. Hmmm, I wouldnt risk more than a couple of nights i dont think. And, id request the main building, where things (space/beds) may be better going on other reviews?

Room Tip: Don't accept for the 'rear' block!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family