“Excellence, and Friendly too!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Langham Hotel

The Langham Hotel
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
northampton
“Excellence, and Friendly too!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2008

I needed somewhere to stay in Northampton for a length of time. The Langham was recomended, by some friends, so I thought I would give them a try. Upon arrival, even tho it was a few hours before I had expected to, my room was ready and waiting. The whole hotel was clean and tidy, not just my room. Michael, and his brother Robert were very helpful throughout, and Mary's breakfasts are the best you can get!! Its ideally situated, only a few minsutes by taxi from the train and bus station, and within easy walking distance of the town centre. Not to mention backing on to the racecourse for the 'Balloon Festival'. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, they have all made me feel so welcome. I shall be bookiing up for next January, thats for certain. Enjoy your stay, to all you visit them. Tell them Dave says 'Hi'.

• Liked — cleanliness of the room, and freeview tv
  • Disliked — A little warm, until I turned the radiator down in my room!
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank northantsdave_8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
CHESHIRE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2008

As an electrical engineering company we stay in digs all over the country and I would be happy to recommend The Langham Hotel.
We will be staying there for some months yet and would certainly try to book there again if another project comes up in the area in the future.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
mk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2008

arrived at hotel at about 10.30am,we were welcomed at reception by michael ,filled in necessary paperwork and went to room.
room was very clean and tidy and all facilitys were there. the following morning we had a superb breakfast ,with the staff very helpful this made our short stay very enjoyable. we will use this hotel again in the future a f knight

• Liked — very clean and tidy
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
blackpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2007

Never stay here!!!!!
We booked indepentantly following the wesite offering good food in the evenings, large secure carpark, friendly family run place, bar.
Was told when booking they were holding their wedding reception there. Was also asked for my credit card to confirm the booking ONLY, not to be used for any other purpose. LIES

On arrival the reception looked like it was shut, shutters all down which we were advised was how it was always run.
After a long drive down we were all loking forwards to chilling out, having a drink n a bite to eat - no such luck, we were told there was no food available and that the bar was shut due to His wedding.
The rooms stank - musty smell lie they hadnt been used for a long long time
The secure car park was taken up with wedding guest cars and we had a struggle to try and get our RS cars in.
a couple of the members refused to stay there after seeing their accomodation and hearing about the no bar no food situation and so went elsewhere.
Its only now on receiving my creditcard statement that i find out they have charged me for those rooms not taken!!! I am now having to go through my own creditcard company to try and get my money back as the hotels opinion was TOUGH we aint being out of pocket!
Do yourselves a favour and book somewhere else, we will

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — the whole lot, crap rubbish plus many other words not suitable for publication!!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank kitten75

Travellers are raving about these Northampton hotels

England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2006

I booked a double room at the Langham by telephone & secured it with a credit card. When we arrived at 6.30 on a Saturday evening, we were told 'we have no vacancies'! They eventually admitted that it was their mistake, but they made no attempt to help us find accomodation at short notice, even though they were responsible for our predicament.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple