The Langham Hotel
  • Pool
Coach House Hotel(Northampton)
Hopping Hare(Northampton)
View Hotel
All reviewsfamily run hoteltown centresecure car parkingrashers of baconplenty of storage spacefull englishironing boardexcellent value for moneytwin roomcooked breakfastbreakfast roomexcellent hotelroom was clean and comfortablefamily roomexcellent breakfastbudget hotelmary
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed overnight for an Engagement party. My room was very drab and dreary with one small window that could not be opened and no air conditioning but still charged at the same rate as my friends room which had a better functional window. The shower was old and dated and dribbled a thin spray. We were told breakfast finished promptly at 9.30 on a Sunday morning which is not ideal after a party night. We asked could we possibly take breakfast later but were flatly refused even though the hotel was minimally occupied. We asked for a late check out past the 11 o'clock stated and were refused as we were told our rooms were needed. It was plainly obvious the hotel was mostly deserted. No guests arrived at all on the sunday as we stayed past 11 o'clock waiting to be collected by a taxi that the hotel refused to call, saying we could do it ourselves! The hotel is tired, dated and drab. The hotel staff are not there to offer customer service. It is overpriced and one to avoid.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank albidongas
Reviewed 25 August 2013

That's actually quite an understatement. We booked the Langham because we were attending a wedding in a nearby village. When booking we were advised we could arrive when we liked. We got there at about 1.30am and the too was locked. Ringing the bell got us nowhere. Eventually we telephoned and were let in by a very angry lady who demanded to know why we hadn't turned up earlier. We explained that we'd been at a wedding and that the chap we'd booked the room with had assured us we could turn up anytime. 'That's my son,' she said. 'He wouldn't have said that.'

So, after telling us off for going to the wedding then accusing us of lying, they gave us a room in which the shower had had the temperature control removed. So we got to enjoy a tepid shower too. Lovely.

Finally, to add insult to injury they charged us for breakfast which we'd already told them we didn't want. Then said they'd refund it, but didn't.

Unless they run out of park benches in Northampton, I wouldn't recommend the Langham.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank willholmania
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I spent one night here when staying for a friends birthday party. First impressions were that it needed renovating. The reception area isnt particularly pleasant but is clean and functional, although not staffed. A ring of the bell brought a very pleasant lady who checked me in and pointed me to my ground floor room.

The room was fairly large, with hot drinks, biscuits, tv, a hair dryer and an ironing board available. The walls and carpets are quite old fashioned, as is the duvet covers etc. A bit like staying with your grandparents... clean but lacking style. Bathroom was clean and functional, although you cant alter the shower temperature. It was not a problem for me but it could be a bit hot for some, especially children.

The bed was comfy enough. The pillows could be better but were acceptable. I certainly slept well enough, and despite being next to the car park I wasn't disturbed.

Breakfast was plentiful if a touch greasy, and pleasantly served. Cereals, full English, coffee and juice were served.

All in all, a very average hotel but at such low prices I cant complain. It certainly offers good value for money and I'd stay again for a brief stay where all I need is a shower and a bed.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Firstly the photos appear to show this hotel as having a pool ... It's a misplaced picture there is NO pool.

A little tired and in need of a deep clean and spruce up, pillows need replacing

However the breakfast was first rate and for the money it was a good place to base ourselves for our stay

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have stayed at the Langham twice now, 2 years ago and 2 days ago. While we find the price terrific, the staff lovely, and the breakfast possibly the best hotel breakfast in all the UK, we have mixed feelings about the room. They simply need an upgrade. The only real problem we had was the temperature of the water in the shower could not be controlled, it was hot hot hot, and we felt like we were scalding. I reported it to the desk, and they said they would fix it--but I have never been to a hotel where the water temp was at a fixed place. All in all, I'm torn between loving the place for the savings it provides, the quiet, the great morning food, and the kind staff. But that said, I pray the next time we arrive they'll have refurbished the rooms (at least the bed covers!) and upgraded the bathrooms! All in all, a good restful cheap hotel with lovely and plentiful English bacon in the morning!

Room Tip: As for one in the back overlooking the car park!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends