The Langham Hotel
Hotels.com
US$113
Sedgebrook Hall(Chapel Brampton)
US$83
Hotel Campanile Northampton(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$73
PremierInn.com
US$53
Travelodge
All reviewsfamily run hoteltown centresecure car parkingrashers of baconplenty of storage spacefull englishironing boardexcellent value for moneytwin roomcooked breakfastbreakfast roomexcellent hotelroom was clean and comfortablefamily roomexcellent breakfastbudget hotelmary
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Hi

I stayed at the Langham Hotel for one night as I was visiting my brother and to see his new house and the area. The hotel is very near the mainline station of Northampton. The line is about 1 hour from London Euston so it makes sense to have a hotel near the station.

The car park is behind the main terrace building which is in the shape of square.

The main reception was good and on arrival I had to be let in by the reception staff - which is good as security is important to me.

I had a key to the front door and so could come and go as I wanted.

My room No 7 was on the first floor had two single beds and was en-suite as you would expect. The room was a bit dated and 80s in décor so looked tired in my view.

I had a TV and free-view but only a few channels that seemed to be tuned in. The main broadcast channels worked OK

The shower only had one speed slow and the water was not adjustable for the amount of hot water you needed so a disappointment.

The extractor fan in the en-suite was very dusty and the bed pillows were to thin for my liking.
Noise from the room next door did intrude a bit.

The staff are very helpful and I ordered a Taxi for the next morning which was on time and from Phoenix Cars.

The full English breakfast was very good and the dining room well laid out and welcoming. Other guests ranged from older people on holiday to business people to groups of guys doing blue collar jobs on contract.

The papers only ranged from the red tops and the mail so a low score from me.

On leaving I was not asked how I had enjoyed my stay and I had to find someone to hand my key to as reception was closed.

I would go back as I got a special deal of £35.00 for B&B and its a good central position.

Room Tip: My room was 7 and OK as I mention and lets face it who lives in their room. If I was staying longer I would go out on the town in the evening, but that's me.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just returned from this hotel and my wife and I were very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness from the family /staff.
The whole place was spotless, the room was more than adequate and the beds comfortable and the breakfast was as good as any I've had in any hotel, including fresh fruit, cereals and a very full English. The free car park is very secure but the entrance road to it a bit uneven still we had absolutely no difficulty with it
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and on my next visit to Northampton this is where we will stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This my be an established hotel but that's all one can say cheerfully. The rooms are dirty. The decor is reminiscent of a horror film I once watched. The water from the shower is luke warm. The room I stayed in was Very Cold. Yes. Very. So cold I asked for a room change the following morning as I had a fitful chilly sleep. This was probably due to a broken main window. The room change was handled with complete disdain by the owners, with no apology and sheer bloody-minded lack of help. Eventually I got a different room but bed lights didn't work and again the room was very cold. The breakfast was produced in haste. No welcome as you entered the room, except from the massive and loud on wall tv with Sky roling news.

In short this has to be the worse place I have ever stayed in. A humbling horrible experience and not worth the money. You have been warned!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Smileyorb
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed 1 night only, booking 2 doubles and 1 single. Rooms were clean,bright and spacious, very comfortable beds. Staff were polite, and breakfast was substantial. Overall, very good value. Although the hotel has parking at rear, it is very tight to get in so much better to use the free road parking in 1 of the 2 roads opposite.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I booked a double room and was given a family room for same price, bargain great big room to ourselves none next door complete and utter peace 2 single beds I double. patio doors en suite could have done with updating shower not very good no hot water and the room was freezing. Flat screened TV tea coffee biscuits and sweets. there was a roof window on the ceiling which made the heavy torrential rain belt off it hence two sleepless nights Breakfast was one sausage fried egg toast and coffee or tea and 5 slices of bacon .yoghurt fruit jams cereal fruit juice.Staff were friendly at first on the Booking.com confirmation it said 11.00 checkout one of the staff came and banged on the door at 1025 shouted checkout time is 1030 we left he didn't say anything and for that I would not go back there

Room Tip: the ground floor was very quiet except for the staff having a smoke outside our room in the early hours of the morning
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple