The Langham Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$95
US$84
Hotel Campanile Northampton(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$87
Travelocity
US$62
Priceline
The Poplars Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$105
Priceline
US$56
Travelodge
All reviewsfamily run hoteltown centresecure car parkingrashers of baconplenty of storage spacefull englishironing boardexcellent value for moneytwin roomcooked breakfastbreakfast roomexcellent hotelroom was clean and comfortablefamily roomexcellent breakfastbudget hotelmary
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have just got back from an overnight stop at this hotel. I wanted to stay at an independent hotel rather than a chain to try and support small businesses in the area. The website says its "minutes from the railway station" - that's in a taxi it takes 25-30 minutes to walk. My room was dirty thick dust everywhere, there were stains on the pillow case, sheets and towels. I found corn flakes on the room floor so clearly it had not been hoovered. They don't have any herbal teas in the rooms or at breakfast and anyone wanting a healthy breakfast such as fresh fruit forget it. I won't be going back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Terry L
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The room was horrible and dirty. I was woke up at 3 am by a fight outside. I slept with a pullover on as the room was freezing cold and the bed was dirty. I couldn't get comfortable on the bed and it kept on moving. Ive come home and found insect bites on my ankles. Car parking was bizarre and if you have a low car be careful of the pot holes on the way in. The breakfast was average.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Optimusbrewer
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My daughter was due to stay at this hotel as she had a university interview the following day. On the morning of travel to Northampton she received an email to say the room had been damaged the previous weekend (the email arrived on Tuesday morning perhaps they could have advised earlier) and the room therefore had been cancelled. The email said to contact the manager to arrange a refund.
So she did but was told to ring back and speak to the manager 'Michael' which she did later in the evening. He told her a chq had been issued so we thought that was satisfactory even though very annoyed at having the room cancelled and unable to find alternative accommodation.
HOWEVER the cheque never arrived so my daughter rang 'Michael' and he couldn't advise if he had refunded her and basically told her he was 'too busy' to find out and to ring back 3 days later. Then he hung up. So I rang back the following day and he said he was too busy and had people waiting in reception he did not want to talk to me - he was extremely rude and hung up on me - I had him on loudspeaker and family members who were in the room were shocked at his attitude - I have never witnessed such rudeness so I rang him straight back and asked him why he hung up he said he 'dropped the phone' ....really - had he done this every time this had happened to us? Eventually through numerous phone calls and severe rudeness by 'Michael' the refund was paid.

I cannot comment on the hotel itself as room was not available. But I would avoid booking at this hotel if you don't want to have to find alternative accommodation.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank CMNO1973
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have stayed here for a week, its very tidy, my room was spacious and warm.
The breakfast was plentiful and tasty.
They don't do evening food but that was not a problem for me.

If your looking for decent accommodation at a reasonable price then this is the place.
I will certainly be back. I have booked in for next week already.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2014

- I checked in early because I expected I would finish my business late. The receptionist told me to call him when I got back so he could direct me where to park my car. He didn't inform me that the car park would be closed at 10 pm. At 11.45 I tried to call. A woman with a foreign accent answered and she was very rude. She was basically shouting. She said"it is too late, just park you car outside!" and she hanged up! I've never seen this before in my life. -It clearly states in booking.com email that the checkout time is 07 to 11 am. At 10.35, when I was about to leave the room, a man knocked the door. Again, in a rude way, he said that I should have vacated by 10.30 !! When I showed him the booking email, he didnt even bother to apologize for his behaviour. -They didn't have the central heating on. Althoug, they provided an electric heater, it was of little use as I used to get back late, so after I turned it on, by the time it is hot I was already fast asleep under 2 blankets. The place has the potential, but some emotional intelligence is needed.

• Stayed: April 2014