“The worst hotel in the UK!!”
Review of The Langham Hotel

The Langham Hotel
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is the worst hotel I have ever encountered! I checked in at around 5pm. By 9pm the same day I had packed my stuff and demanding a refund. Me and my family booked two rooms. Upon entry, we were told that the two individual rooms that we had booked would be next to each other; they weren't. One was on first floor and one was on the third floor!

We then discovered that the room was filthy! there was dust every where and it looked like the room hadn't been cleaned for months.
After looking at the first room, we went to look at the next room to find that the room wasn't clean and that it smelt.

Once we had decided to leave, we asked one of the members of staff and managers for a refund as we were not going to stay there.
We were then told that we would not be getting a refund as there was nothing wrong with the room. We asked the manager to come and look at the room but they refused. We were then threatened with the police.
After all of this hassell, they eventually gave us our refund and let us leave.

I would not reccommened this hotel to anyone! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Zoe C

Reviewed 20 June 2014

this hotel is very dirty . we refused to stay and was threatened by staff with police as we asked for a refund . heating was permently on in summer. never seen so much dust. rude abrupt staff. car park total waste of time

Room Tip: do not book this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lisazoe1306
Reviewed 30 May 2014

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL - THEY ARE THIEVES! I stayed at this hotel 1 night in February; they charged my credit card twice and never refunded me! I have spoken to their manager (Michael) a few times. I got several promises of a refund, but the money never came. I have been emailing them and phoning them. They just ignore my emails. TODAY I PHONED THEM (AGAIN) AND A MEMBER OF THEIR STAFF ACTUALLY PUT THE PHONE DOWN ON ME! I told her that I was about to contact Trading Standards and the police, she told me to help myself and actually put the phone down on me. She was very rude. The fact that they now have my credit card details and can put a payment through as many times as they want to fills me with dread. And I am sure I'm not the only person they have done it to. They have made no attempts to contact me. If you have booked this hotel with a credit/debit card, you better check your bank statement for duplicate payments. THEY ARE THIEVES - ONCE THEY GET HOLD OF YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY, AS THEY STOLE MINE.

Room Tip: DO NOT LET THEM KNOW YOUR BANK CARD DETAILS! Once they get hold of your bank card details, they will...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HanaAccaDacca
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I really don't understand the negative reviews for this property. I paid around £35 a night for a single room. To my surprise I got a small double at the back of the hotel. Room was nice and quiet overlooking a park. The bed comfy, the bathroom and linen clean, larger than average TV. Plenty of storage space even an ironing board and iron in the room. I found the staff accommodating, ok maybe a little eccentric but I think it adds to the charm. No problem with the parking, breakfast plentyful. Yes it is a little dated, no I wouldn't come here on a romantic break but for a few nights away on business it definitely does the job.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I must say that when my wife booked a room for me at short notice for a total of £35 I was a little worried about where I might be staying. However the hotel was fantastic,clean and the service was first class "I felt like I was the king". From the minute I arrived to the minute I left Mary "the owner" couldn't do enough to make my stay more satisfying. Although I didn't fancy breakfast the morning of my stay Mary packed me up a sandwich and sent me on my way "brilliant". Please ignore all the bad comments others have made, Value for money is what I got and if I had of paid 3 x the amount I did and stayed elsewhere I would not of experienced the kindness and quality service from a chain hotel. Thank you Mary for all you did and at 77 years old you put the young ones to shame!!! X

Room Tip: I only stayed one night and only saw the room I stayed in but I assure you it was excellent!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have just got back from an overnight stop at this hotel. I wanted to stay at an independent hotel rather than a chain to try and support small businesses in the area. The website says its "minutes from the railway station" - that's in a taxi it takes 25-30 minutes to walk. My room was dirty thick dust everywhere, there were stains on the pillow case, sheets and towels. I found corn flakes on the room floor so clearly it had not been hoovered. They don't have any herbal teas in the rooms or at breakfast and anyone wanting a healthy breakfast such as fresh fruit forget it. I won't be going back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Terry L
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The room was horrible and dirty. I was woke up at 3 am by a fight outside. I slept with a pullover on as the room was freezing cold and the bed was dirty. I couldn't get comfortable on the bed and it kept on moving. Ive come home and found insect bites on my ankles. Car parking was bizarre and if you have a low car be careful of the pot holes on the way in. The breakfast was average.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends