“breakfast”
Review of The Langham Hotel

The Langham Hotel
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 13 July 2014

hotel not to bad room was shabby but clean shared with my daughter and was surprised that we had 3 beds over 2 rooms which was nice the down side was breakfast we were asked what we would like and we both said full english so everythink was going fine he brought are tea and orange which was ok after a reasonable time my breakfast came out thinking he was getting my daughters i carried on eating well i had finished my meal and still no breakfast for her so she mentioned she was still waiting for breakfast when she was told so was everyone else and bear with them so she did but 1 plate at a time was comming out and they were going to random tables so she politely asked again and was told she would have to wait well eventully she did get it nearly 10 mins after mine but we noticed she was not the only one it seems they can only cook 1 breakfast at a time which is a shame as the hotel really was not to bad for the money but slightly rude serving staff who needs to relise people would like to eat there breakfast at the same time not seperate!!!!

Room Tip: front rooms are very noisy with traffic ask for 1 at back
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank scream053

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Me and two of my friends stayed in the Langham Hotel as we were attending a festival at the Milton Keynes Bowl.

We struggled with finding the car park as it was situated well behind the hotel and wasn't signposted. We were told that we were able to check in at 11.00 am, we arrived at the hotel at around 10.45 am to find that the reception area was closed and there was nobody behind the counter! We had to wait for somebody to come to the reception area where we were told that our room would not be ready until 1.00 pm! When we explained that we needed to be at Milton Keynes by at least 1, Michael quickly resolved this and put us in another standard family room, room number 23.

Room 23 was right at the back of the hotel, our room was so hot and the windows were broken and could not be closed so we could hear traffic from the busy road when we arrived back from the festival and in the morning. We had a fan in our room but the fan was broken and did not turn. The rooms were incredibly dated and was in much need of a refurb. I found it to be quite dusty and dirty. In the bathroom there was mould on top of the ceiling and on the tiles and the shower head did not have a change of temperature for the hot water, this was also grimey.

Breakfast was good, with a small range of cereals and a choice of a full English. There wasn't enough tables for the guests in the hotel so we had to wait a little while for a table. The bar area and the dining room was also very dated and in much need of a refurb.

When checking out, one of the managers come knocking at our door at 10.30 saying we had to check out NOW. I found this to be quite rude, we didn't have to check out until 11. I wouldn't recommend staying here for no longer than a night, even if you could put up with one night at this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Amy R
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Liking to support small business chose this hotel as we were visiting Northampton for our sons graduation. We were allocated Room 16
Cleanliness of the bedroom adequate.
Cleanliness of the bathroom very poor with moudy tiles and shower head I would not take a shower
Could not switch off radiator in bathroom as it was end of line made room to hot
Could not open windows as were broken
Windows so poor fitting heard very bust road constantly
Room situated over fan/fridge which constantly went on/off all night
Sheets washed with a fabric conditioner which was not for sensitive skin
Only reason given average rating as the public areas were very clean and breakfast was excellent

Room Tip: Rooms at front of hotel are old sash windows which cannot be opened. Back rooms may be better
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is the worst hotel I have ever encountered! I checked in at around 5pm. By 9pm the same day I had packed my stuff and demanding a refund. Me and my family booked two rooms. Upon entry, we were told that the two individual rooms that we had booked would be next to each other; they weren't. One was on first floor and one was on the third floor!

We then discovered that the room was filthy! there was dust every where and it looked like the room hadn't been cleaned for months.
After looking at the first room, we went to look at the next room to find that the room wasn't clean and that it smelt.

Once we had decided to leave, we asked one of the members of staff and managers for a refund as we were not going to stay there.
We were then told that we would not be getting a refund as there was nothing wrong with the room. We asked the manager to come and look at the room but they refused. We were then threatened with the police.
After all of this hassell, they eventually gave us our refund and let us leave.

I would not reccommened this hotel to anyone! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Zoe C
Reviewed 20 June 2014

this hotel is very dirty . we refused to stay and was threatened by staff with police as we asked for a refund . heating was permently on in summer. never seen so much dust. rude abrupt staff. car park total waste of time

Room Tip: do not book this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lisazoe1306
Reviewed 30 May 2014

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL - THEY ARE THIEVES! I stayed at this hotel 1 night in February; they charged my credit card twice and never refunded me! I have spoken to their manager (Michael) a few times. I got several promises of a refund, but the money never came. I have been emailing them and phoning them. They just ignore my emails. TODAY I PHONED THEM (AGAIN) AND A MEMBER OF THEIR STAFF ACTUALLY PUT THE PHONE DOWN ON ME! I told her that I was about to contact Trading Standards and the police, she told me to help myself and actually put the phone down on me. She was very rude. The fact that they now have my credit card details and can put a payment through as many times as they want to fills me with dread. And I am sure I'm not the only person they have done it to. They have made no attempts to contact me. If you have booked this hotel with a credit/debit card, you better check your bank statement for duplicate payments. THEY ARE THIEVES - ONCE THEY GET HOLD OF YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY, AS THEY STOLE MINE.

Room Tip: DO NOT LET THEM KNOW YOUR BANK CARD DETAILS! Once they get hold of your bank card details, they will...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HanaAccaDacca
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I really don't understand the negative reviews for this property. I paid around £35 a night for a single room. To my surprise I got a small double at the back of the hotel. Room was nice and quiet overlooking a park. The bed comfy, the bathroom and linen clean, larger than average TV. Plenty of storage space even an ironing board and iron in the room. I found the staff accommodating, ok maybe a little eccentric but I think it adds to the charm. No problem with the parking, breakfast plentyful. Yes it is a little dated, no I wouldn't come here on a romantic break but for a few nights away on business it definitely does the job.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business