“Cracking Location”

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cracking Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Hi
I stopped there with some trepidation cos I was told Northampton was a bit wild. A great location 2 minutes walk from what seems to be the main drag where the young people play. Like 479General says there are plenty of Pizza and Kabab takeaways but they were not a problem, the town looks OK and upbeat to me, I WILL stop there again, a decent little town not at all rundown

It was clean and tidy with welcoming staff and I was allowed to park a motorcycle in their yard, there is no sensible carparking though.

The view out of my window was a narrow yard (Not where the bike was) with fire stairs infront of a security gate, a bit prison like, but you dont book a room like this for the view.

There was a heavy beat coming from a club somewhere but it did not disturb me. The room was quiet enough.

It is the only Travelodge that I have ever stopped in where they have a security guard, he told me it was cos a young person will book a room, then invite its mates back for a party.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I wanna make a complain .., I stayed in Travelodge northampton central date 18/09/14 for 1 night... .., when I checked in to hotel I paid £10 for early checkin .., and The room was given to me was dirty , pet hair everywhere in carpet , dust on the table and top of bad ...evan no chair in the room .. Rubbish in bathroom bean .., after seeing this i spoke to guy who was in reception that guy didn't seems to be helpful at all .. He was bit rude when I said that .. ...when I came in night lady she in reception she was saying to me you are the lady who complain in this afternoon ..after listening this I fell really bed ... ..judging book by there outer cover .

• Stayed August 2014
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

It's got bouncers (least on the night we stayed, which was a Saturday)......which kind of sums it up..... I drifted off to the sounds of the people across the corridor having screamingly loud sex... I was woken later by the security banging on their door.... In fact I was woken all night, banging of one sort or another.... Then in the morning, some woman talking loudly on her mobile, fantastic 7:00 am wake up call....
I guess the hotel cant help their visitors, and there was nothing wrong with the staff or room. My friend who was staying had a great nights sleep. I had possibly the worst ever. Pot luck.

Room Tip: we were near the back door and car park. Avoid
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was moved last minute from the Round Spinney to the hotel in Central Northampton. I was not impressed. No facilities and very noisy inside and outside the hotel in a very run down area full of Kebab or pizza takeaways. Very uninviting and clinical.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Do not book this hotel or any other Travelodge for that matter. I was moved from the hotel I was booked in being told that me and my party were to be moved to another hotel due to electrical problems however staff informed us that a group were offering to pay premium rates to stay at the hotel we had booked months in advance, The hotel we were moved to was totally unacceptable with no facilities what so ever for catering / meetings or socialising. This was a business weekend and our and our entire business schedule was thwarted.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Northampton Central, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your review kandjoc. We are very sorry to learn that you were transferred to another hotel. We take the safety and comfort of our guests with the utmost importance, and as such we take various measures to ensure this by providing alternative accommodation should there be any faults with their room. We understand that this was the reason for your transfer however we'd like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and we hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

After a nightmarish stay at the Ibis for one night, my boyfriend and I checked in to the travelodge. We had a lovely air-conditioned room which was nice given that it was 25+ degrees each day. The beds were very comfortable. The room was basic but spotless. The hotel is very centrally located - walking distance to most things. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed with a friends over the weekend.
very nice hotel, clean with a comfy bed.

Only minus - soooo hot in the room. Felt like 50 degrees. No aircon and fan didn't helped at all.
But overall good price and nice service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends