“Brilliant, helpful service and very comfortable room.”

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My mother and I stayed here recently and I can honestly say that I would rate this particular Holiday Inn alongside the Marriott Hotels that I have stayed in. Very helpful staff and nothing was any trouble. Excellent food and I am a fussy eater. Very comfortable, clean and well equipped room. A pleasure to stay here. Many thanks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Lucy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read what a great stay you had with us and would rate us amongst the best hotels you have visited.

We cant wait to greet you back to the hotel in the future.

Scott Randall

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Excellent hotel in every way bar two points, I found it hard to sleep as the room was really hot and the air con sounded like we were in a storm and finally I could not get a hot chocolate after 10pm!!, I like my going to be hot chocolate!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi,

I am delighted to hear how well you were looked after and had such a great stay with us. I will speak to the F&B team about drink service and make sure this is available for you next time.

We would love to see you again and cant wait for your return visit.

Scott Randall

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here recently with some work colleagues for a team meeting and although the hotel itself, the rooms, and the public areas are standard Holiday Inn quality the difference at this hotel is made by the staff. The rooms are OK and the bathrooms could do with some updating, the bar area is quite small but the staff are friendly and attentive, the busy restaurant serves Indian cuisine.
I can vouch for the bar food as we didn't eat in the restaurant, the house burgers are delicious and freshly made, the breakfast is again just OK, fairly standard stuff.
I had the misfortune to loose some clothes while I was at the hotel and the attention given to my plight by Lucy, the general manager, was outstanding. She was extremely professional, helpful, and did her level best to find a solution to my problem. For this reason alone I would recommend the hotel, its refreshing to meet staff who genuinely care these days.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if they arent full.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark M
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for writing such a lovely review about the hotel and staff. The Indian menu is very popular and comes highly recommended with Bilal the head chef always happy to help advise on dishes to suit the individual. I am really glad I was able to help resolve the problem you had with your lost property and it is always nice to get good feedback, so thank you.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have stayed in this Holiday Inn a few times and it does the job for one or two nights. It is well positioned if you need the Industrial Estate or the town centre.

The rooms are fine but do look a little dated now and could do with a spruce up especially for the relatively high price for this hotel. During my stays I have found all the staff to be very helpful and friendly and the breakfast has always been plentiful and of decent quality.

One thing you may want to know is that this hotel has a lot of wedding parties and on a few occasions when arriving in the evening we have found that the restaurant is closed. I have no problem with this but if you arrive late expecting something to eat you maybe disappointed so be prepared. Also the parties can be quite loud so if you need some peace you may need a room on the other side of the hotel. To be fair I have always been far enough away that the noise has not been too much trouble for me.

Overall an OK hotel that is plodding along but nothing special.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. It is always good to hear that you stay regularly and that the staff looks after you.
We do host events over the weekends but will call our guests in advance to advise them about the wedding/birthday party and allocate rooms away from the noise. We also offer the bar menu and room service food with no tray charge.
I will pass your kind comments onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Me & my partner say one night the room was ok but the staff are great very friendly & very helpful
The evening meal was great & the restaurant staff was all very pleasant
Breakfast was good loads of choice
Nice place to say if your over that way
Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed: May 2014
Lucy R, Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. I do hope you tried our new Indian menu, our Head Chef Bilal has created some fantastic dishes and well worth trying. Breakfast is always an important part of the stay and it is great to hear that you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I originally came here earlier this year for a car show at Santa Pod Raceway. Although the hotel and room was ok the night we stayed was disastrous due to a wedding party that had taken over the bar and restaurant area that night and we had children running the corridors dropping food and making noise to the early hours of the morning. The staff were great and tried to control the situation but the parents did not take much notice .The hotel gave me a complimentary stay so we decided to come back for a two night stay and venture the area again .Room was excellent again a so where the staff and the service during our stay. Well done to all will stay again when we are up here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PETER T

Thank you for writing a review with regards to your return stay at our hotel. I am so glad that you returned and had an enjoyable stay. I know the team will be happy to hear these comments, so I will ensure they are passed on. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I booked at short notice for a stopover, £85.00 for a night without breakfast. Room 9 on the ground floor just around the corner from the main reception. The room was very plain with window looking out to the rear car park. The bathroom looked tired as well. The standards being set by Premier Inn for their budget rooms was far superior to this room. The bed was only just comfortable and their was a constant noise from outside the window, Air con fans I think but the noise was a distraction. You could also hear traffic from the car park and when it started to get light at 4.30am the light streamed through the non blackout curtains.
Would I go back to this hotel no, would I recommend it, no. The rooms are far too tired and plain for the levels expected by a modern business traveler today.

Room Tip: Don't pick room 9, tired and on the ground floor where you will hear all of the car park traffic...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not like your room. We work hard on maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of our bedrooms and I will pass your comments on. It is a shame that you would not return as we get rated highly on our team service, and our renowned Indian menu. I do hope you will consider using us again in the future.