Holiday Inn Northampton
Travelodge Northampton Upton Way(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$56
Travelodge
US$96
US$92
Travelocity
Hotel Campanile Northampton(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$44
  • Restaurant
The Walnut Tree Inn(Northampton)
US$78
Hopping Hare(Northampton)
US$107
The Poplars Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$87
US$89
US$87
US$57
Travelodge
All reviewsindian menutwo double bedsbuffet breakfastcannot commenthot foodweekend staybusiness tripcar parkduty managerstayed for one nighttown centregood nights sleepweddinginnsvenuerefurbishmentmotorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I personally think the rooms are a bit out dated, but the bathrooms are lovely!
I was disappointed to the fact there was no hot chocolate, WiFi had to be paid for,

I came here for Ford Fair 14 and my car's only slightly lowered but it scrapped all along the a speed bump at the entrance to the car park, even when i was barely moving.

Got lots of pubs etc local so in a good location. Its only 25-30 mins from silver stone circuit.

Room Tip: book on late rooms to get cheaper rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased on the whole you enjoyed your room and the event you were visiting.

We look forward to seeing you again at the next event.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My partner and I booked a room here the day before on late rooms. A standard double room was £85! so i'm happy with that!
The bathroom was lovely! but it's a little crowded with leavers here and holders there... The toilet handle is in the shower, the toilet roll holder is under the skin.
The room it's self was okay, the walls could do with a touch up and the wall paper is starting to peel in the top corners and its just a bit out dated, especially the curtains.
The bed was nice and i fell asleep very quickly, whilst my partner struggled to sleep.The bed was a little annoying being on wheels though... As it got moved about accidentally a lot.
We didn't eat there nor used any of the fersilitied, other than the car park.
I dislike how much is involved getting the TV to work, i may just be lazy but its not a simple as "on" "guide" "BBC 1" or what ever... Also i know it's free channels but there were a lot less then i expected and we could only watch around 4 channels.
Sadly we weren't able to get wifi as the manager said we have to pay for it which is disappointing.
It's in a ideal location, only 25-30 mins from silver stone circuit, it's got lots of pubs and restraints around. There's one just down the road (lakeside) which is a good price!
The main bad thing about this hotel to my opinion is the size of the speed bump going into the car park. My car's only slightly lowered but it scrapped all along the under side of my car, even when i rolled over it.

Room Tip: book on late rooms to get cheaper rooms and last minuet! The walk in prices are a lot.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emz L

Hi,

I was pleased to read your comments and thank you for the valuable feedback within it.

We will certainly review a few of the points to enhance the service we already offer. Just for future reference if you just push up on the channel button on the remote it takes you straight through to the TV stations.

Not sure why you could only see 4 as we have a lot more than that with our Sky Sports, Movies and Free Channels.

Thank you again for your comments though we look forward to seeing you again for Silverstone next year if not before.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stopped here when the Hilton was full. Thought the hotel was noisy and cold then discovered a massive gap under the air conditioning unit in the wall. Gym was poor and I get kicked out the second day so they could paint it. Wouldn't go back unless desperate as their are better hotels (with much better gyms) in the area.

Room Tip: Get one without a massive hole in the wall under the air con!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LardRover
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Jon A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel, I thought it was going to be horrendous as it was so cheap but it turned out to be very clean, comfortable and I would defiantly stay again.
Great value for money and the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Mandi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us.

It was great to read how pleased you were with your stay with us and we certainly cant wait for you to visit again when I am confident the standards will be even better next time ready to surprise you again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My mother and I stayed here recently and I can honestly say that I would rate this particular Holiday Inn alongside the Marriott Hotels that I have stayed in. Very helpful staff and nothing was any trouble. Excellent food and I am a fussy eater. Very comfortable, clean and well equipped room. A pleasure to stay here. Many thanks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi,

I was delighted to read what a great stay you had with us and would rate us amongst the best hotels you have visited.

We cant wait to greet you back to the hotel in the future.