“Fantastic meal and service, can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Four Pears
Ranked #82 of 516 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: US$0 - US$37
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal and service, can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

First of all I will admit I am slightly biased as I am good friends with the manager and was there as his guest and have eaten at other restaurants that he has run, so I went there with high expectations.

I had the pork belly and it was to die for, to be honest I cannot remember what starter I had because I drank so much, although I do recall being impressed with it!

His standards are extremely high and this was proved when they were awarded 5 stars for hygiene, I believe one of only a handful of places to receive this in the area!

The choice of wine and spirits on offer is extensive, all hand picked, we tried a lovely red wine, some potato vodka, sloe gin and finished the night off with some champagne!

Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“The fantastic four pears”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

I came here 3days ago, the restaurant was very busy, we sat and relaxed in the bar area 1st which is lovely, the menu looked great didn't no what to have, I decided on the fillet steak, which was cooked to perfection, along with a fantastic choice of wine recommended by the bar man, went very well wiv the steak, my wife had the fish pie, which tasted great, we followed up with the lemon posset and the passion fruit jelly, both were fantastic, service was second to none, overall a lovely experience, will be back very soon,

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Breath taking !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

After reading it was pub of the week in the chronicle and echo and having a few friends of mine tell me about the place I felt I needed to go. I was not dissapointed.

As you walk in you are greeted by a feast of colours and warmth, you just don't know what to admire first. The bar is a very impressive centre piece - I haven't seen one like it before, its modern, well lit and extremely pleasing on the eye. The lounge, garden area and restaurant and very well laid out which in turn aided in my experience to impress me about the whole building not just one specific part.

I ate he Cajun coated chicken tenders as a starter - they were gorgeous, then moved onto the pork belly. Well I am not sure there is a better word to us than divine. I couldn't fault it and would recommend this to anybody ! Hats off to the chefs, some of the best quality food I have tasted in a long time!

The staff were efficient and took the time to talk with me and my guest about the history of the place and why it was named as such. This attitude is one that is vanishing in restaurants now-a-days so please keep it up !

This pub deserved it's title of pub of the week, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in that spot again. It's truely a little gem and I would recommend it highly to anyone.

Thank you to all involved, you shall be seeing me again soon !

Northampton, United Kingdom
“It is Fabulous - food is amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

I can honestly say it is in my opinion the nicest restaurant in Northamptonshire!

The food is amazing - started with chicken liver parfait which was stunning and then had lamb - totally divine!! Finished off with Lemon Posset - delightful!! If only i could steal the recipes! Staff were all very helpful and efficient and i have already booked to go back!

Fab decor to top it all off along with a wide range of drink s available - prices are even quite low in comparison to others in Northamptonshire that try and serve food to the same standard - un-successfully!

Fabulous night out recommend to anyone!

1 Thank Natalies12
Northampton, England
“Distinctly Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

I visted the Four Pears last Friday. Upon arrival I had high hopes; main bar area is very light and airy with modern decor / furnishings but unfortunately, that was where the good stopped.

The food is poor quality - I had a starter of bacon and mackeral salad which contained very litle mackeral and some lumps of bacon which were so chewy and salty they were verging on being inedible. For main course I had slow roasted belly of pork which hadn't been slow roasted for long enough to get rid of the horrid layer of thick fat on the top. Once I had removed this there was very little left to eat. It said it was served with herb mash and although there was a huge lump of mash on the plate, I couldn't taste any herbs. I passed on the dessert, it wasn't worth parting with any more money for sub-standard food.

The acoustics in the dining room are also poor. Too few soft furnishings mean there is nothing to absorb any noise and so when full of diners, you can barely have a conversation with the people on your table, it's that noisy.

The food wasn't cheap and to top matters off when we paid the bill, more money was handed over than the bill was for and it was assumed that the extra was the tip. One word of advice - a tip should be earned and not assumed... the change should have been returned to the table to give us the option of leaving a tip and if so, how much.

Overall a disappointing experience - I won't be going again, nor would I recommend.

• 2 of 5 bubbles