“Great service and great food”
Review of The Vineyard

The Vineyard
Ranked #180 of 516 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northampton
“Great service and great food”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We visited the vineyard on a Monday night which meant it was very quiet.
The service was excellent and the four of us all ordered something different for starters which were great. The main courses of cod, fish platter and fillet steak were all cooked to perfection. We all enjoyed the evening and would thoroughly recommend it .

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Stephen B

Kettering, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Greatest Meal Out”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful evening and simply the best meal ever. The service was second to none and the young lady staff member was friendly and so very helpful. The sirloin was to die for and the cheesecake was delightful. We will definately be going back and strongly recommend the venue.

1 Thank NewlywedNeills
“Lover of good food and times.”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Absolutely a must when in Nprthampton and wonderful food and especially a great host in Tina. All in all a five star experience.

Coventry
“Lovely place fabulous food”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We went for a quiet meal with two friends. I had sirloin steak which was cooked to perfection. My partner had the seafood platter which was fantastic. We had a lovely time with attentive service. Would recommend one hundred per cent. Can't wait to go again

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Bought from Tesco's, warmed up in The Vineyard”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I never review before but this meal was so bad that I felt compelled to warn others.
Saturday night at 8pm 2 tables being used, everyone else obviously knew what I was about to find out.

In brief ordered the Pan fried mackerel for starters, next thing I knew I look over and the waitress walks in with a Tesco's carrier bag, she went round the back of the bar and emptied the contents, guess what was in there?? Vaccum packed mackerel fillets!!
When she came round I asked her if the mackerel in the bag was for me, she said their wasn't any mackerel, just a phone charger, after an awkward discussion of to-ing and fro-ing, where I explained I physically seen the mackerel, she called over the manager/owner.
Unlike the waitress, the manager said that in fact that was my starter!! I proceeded to explain that I came here for fresh fish not Tesco's, the manager/owner said that it was fresh haha mmm the signs don't look good at this point. I said id like to leave the starter altogether.

I asked the manager why she didn't come and say they had no mackerel, too which I got a pale looking face, I also asked why the waitress lied about what id seen?, the waitress pipes up with 'I told you it had mackerel in the bag, I explained that too you!!' I place my face in my hands and said its best we leave it their.
I'm not keen on being lied to and made to feel a fool, from then on the rest of the meal was very uncomfortable to say the least.

My fiancé had Queen scallop's starter which their was plenty 8 but they were tiny, almost prawn sized, oh yes costing £10.95, I have my suspicion that these were also cheap pre-packed however I never seen them opening the packet for these.

The main meals were fish platter and risotto, there's no point picking the bone out of these meal, that's a fitting turn of phrase as that's what I found myself doing with this platter.
At the end of the meal, I was charged full price £70 bottle of prosecco and glass of sauvignon blanc. I was never offered an apology, so didn't expect any financial benefit. Considering there was only two sets of diners, someone had to pay for the shopping. I decided to pay without quibbling, too be honest I just wanted out at that point.

On the way out I asked the lady if she was the manager, she said yes, I explained my feelings and that I would being reviewing the meal, she was left and phased and said she understood and for me to have a good evening. Still no apology

Summary The food was poor at best, the service was terrible but I guessing they didn't want to come back to me after this, and bill was extremely over priced.

I'm warning my friends and I hope you heed my warning, avoid at all cost!

10 Thank Trevorfrancis70