“Travelodge Upton Way”

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
camberley surrey
“Travelodge Upton Way”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have stayed here on many occasions at it is near to our Daughters. On the most recent occasion I found the rooms to be dirty and stuffy.
They have recently been revamped and I found the bed really hard! The room was very stuffy as the heating was up full and it was a warm day anyway. However this was soon rectified by opening the windows. The carpet outside the bathroom was soaking wet so whether it had a leak or not I'm not sure.
The bathroom was not clean at all and really I should've complained, but as we were only staying the one night and time was very limited I didn't bother.
I'm hoping this was a one off as it suits us to stay here and it hasn't put me off.
I see now that some travelodges are offering a full breakfast?

1 Thank holidayqueen50
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Service at Travelodge Northampton Upton Way, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback holidayqueen50. We have recently freshened up our hotel and have put in brand new pocket sprung dreamer beds in every room, we have had some great feedback however we are aware that our guests do have different preferences on the mattress. We expect our housekeeping staff to ensure our rooms are clean and fresh so we are truly sorry to learn of the lapse in service on this occasion. We can confirm that not all of our hotels provide a Bar Café, however the ones which don’t you will have the option to purchase a breakfast box which can be places outside your door in the morning of departure. All information regarding our hotels services can be found on our website under each hotels information page.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stay in Travelodge's whenever possible. This one has just been newly refurbished and was very comfortable and clean. Very well situated close to Six fields stadium with cinema and various eating places. Only downside, our room was extremely hot even with the heating off. Think we were by the boiler room!!!!

1 Thank Liz649
Cowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I booked a couple of triple rooms for two nights in order for my family and I to attend a wedding nearby. The booking process was easy, and the rooms very competitively priced. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms - the housekeeping staff were abundant, and always pleasant and polite. One tip though - you only get a tiny bar of soap, so remember to take your own toiletries!
There was a little noise from the corridor as people passed the room, but that was to be expected on a busy weekend, and in general the hotel was peaceful.
The petrol station just outside the hotel didn't prove noisy, and it has an excellent M&S Food mini market which was ideal for snacks. Buddies Diner which shares a carpark with the hotel, was busy at night but good for breakfast in the mornings.
Overall it was an excellent place to stay, and I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Helmg
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The Upton Way Travelodge was clean, warm and welcoming, with a super comfy bed. The American Diner next door served excellent breakfasts. I would recommend this hotel as being really good value for money.

1 Thank Gill G
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very clean tidy hotel. Excellent, bright,newly decorated en suite bedroom. Kate the receptionist was extremely helpful. Well located withing 400 yards of 6 restaurants and a multi-screen cinema. Certainly the best Travelodge I have ever visited.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The staff were helpful & attentive. The refurb tastefull. Bedroom & bathroom immaculate all leading to an excellent nights sleep. Ideal location for onward travel or town centre. Excellent restuarants opposite & in area. Try the Olde Red Lion in KLislingbury village 2 miles away.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014

As a family we recently stayed at Travelodge Upton Way, Northampton. I was dubious as I had heard some awful comments and rumours about this hotel - how wrong they were. The hotel is clean, tidy and the staff welcoming. We were to stay with them for 32 nights from January to February (house rules where we live we have to vacate for a month for maintenance).

The room was nicely sized, the bathroom clean and ALL linen was laundered and free from marks, scuffs and stains,

The staff were all friendly and polite, nothing was too much trouble for them - extra tea/coffee, extra pillows, bedding etc and immediately it was given no questions asked.

We had the unfortunate experience of being let down with who was looking after our two small dogs for the month, I approached the manager of the hotel as I know you have to book in animals at time of booking, however this was a 7pm emergency. Immediately my two hounds were welcomed and were treated as another guest.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, business, pleasure, family.

The estate opposite has a cinema, ten pin bowling and LOTS of restaurants

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family