“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Preston, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Welcoming staff as you arrive, ideally located from the motorway. The room was spotless and beds were extremely comfortable.
There are plenty of food outlets to eat at nearby, petrol station and a shopping area.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We used this Travelodge in Northampton because we had gone to Northampton to visit a relative. It was more or less as we expected it to be.
It's located next to an American diner ( but we didn't go there) and also a petrol station. It's very close to Sixfields so would be an ideal base if you were going there.
Our room was basic, but that's what you expect in a Travelodge. It was very good value for the amount we paid.It was clean, comfortable and the bathroom had a good shower as well as a bath. There were tea and coffee making facilities but no biscuits provided.Other than that we had no complaints whatsoever and would possibly use again if we are in that area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed overnight here and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room was spacious and clean with tea/coffee making facilities. The night duty lady was very friendly and helpful (even if I did have to remove the enormous spider from my room myself due to her arachnophobia). Would definitely stay here again should I be passing through

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Bradford
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel was situated in a great place not too far from the town centre of Northampton and only a few mile from the M1 motorway. We had not stayed in a Travel Lodge for several years due to poor feedback from friends. However, due to recent advertisements about Travel Lodges being refurbished and to the fact that their room cost was cheaper than similar hotels we decided to book a couple of nights their. The lodge had a large parking area to the right and it was free. There was an American diner that was open all day including breakfast also situated to the right. A garage to the left with an M&S shop and bars and restaurants across the main road.

The rooms were spotlessly clean and they clearly had been refurbished. The beds were really comfortable (I think king size) and the bedding was lovely and fresh. The bathroom appliance's were fit for purpose with a great big shower head that I loved. There was a big step out of the bath which may give an older person a slight problem getting out, and it might be a good idea to put a grab rail on the wall as I used the towel rail to steady myself when getting out of the bath. All in all a really enjoyable stay and one we will be repeating.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Adrienne S
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Night reception left a lot to be desired. I had booked two rooms, one disabled and one double next door to this. When I arrived, the disabled room key was available but the double room key had been given to another guest and I was given a key to another double room. Some half an hour later on meeting others from the wedding party, it was announced that I had been given THREE keys, and I was being selfish in keeping these and not allowing another guest to have one. Now note MY room, allocated and agreed over the phone the day before, had been given to another guest. BUT the reception had left my name attached to the booking, therefore making it appear that I had three rooms. Despite repeated statements that I had two and only two keys, the receptionist kept on insisting that she had given me three keys. When I asked her to check the time of allocating my original room to the other guest, she could not read the information from the screen, thus compounding what was now a crowded reception most accusing me. When we persuaded the receptionist to check the room in question she returned stating that there were men and ladies clothes hanging in the room, so unless we had come for the weekend with a shed load of clothes, it was obviously not us booked in there, and the mistake was not mine and I did not have three keys. The farce finished up with my wife and I having retired for the night, being interrupted and being asked to move to another room to correct the error. At 12.30 at night!!!!
The staff at the Northampton Travelodge need some serious retraining in all aspects of customer handling.

Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We've stayed in this Travelodge a few times now and have felt it was a friendly branch of the chain. We like this Travelodge as it's right next door to Buddies USA - so you are guaranteed coffee and a good breakfast just a few metres away to wake you up for the day. This time when we stayed at Upton Way, the room was incredibly hot - well unbearably hot - on the second floor. With 4 bodies in a family room with windows that do not open much and a fan that is just moving hot air around the room, it's not much fun. We feel that if the rooms were air conditioned it would have made the stay a bit more enjoyable. Kate at the desk was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this Travelodge.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear of the hotel seem to be quieter.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here for one night and after reading the reviews decided I would choose this Travelodge and it was convenient for where I needed to be. The hotel Receptionist was very welcoming and friendly. However when I walked into my room I was overcome with hot the room was I opened the windows as much as I could but it didn't seem to make any difference. I went back down to Reception and they were only too happy to lend me one.
The bed I have say was wonderful one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.
I think the only thing that let me down was the bathroom, it was very dated and the shower was absolutely rubbish.
There was quite a lot of noise early morning with doors banging from other rooms and it being so close to a petrol station there was noise from there and the busy road.
Other than than there were plenty of places to eat nearby. Would I stay here again possibly as it was very clean.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo